9th Wolf Cavalry (Clan Wolf)
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|Ninth Wolf Cavalry|
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Parent Formation||Theta Galaxy|
|Formed||Late Dark Age|
After the formation of the Wolf Empire in the early 3140s a number of garrison Galaxies were recruited from the former Lyran and Free Worlds population. Some of the Galaxies were new, whilst others were reactivated older formations. The Ninth Wolf Cavalry was formed as a part of Theta Galaxy, one of the reactivated Galaxies. By 3145, it was also the most successful.
The personnel who joined the Ninth were motivated by Clan recruiters calling for Clan Wolf and the Marik-Stewart Commonwealth to strike back at House Steiner for the Lyran "betrayal", and the new Clusters were equipped initially with equipment taken from a mix of Lyran and Marik-Stewart salvage and the conventional forces other Wolf forces were discarding. The Ninth hadn't finished forming and training in time to join the invasion of the Commonwealth, but the entire of Theta was deployed as a reserve force for the invasion of the Republic Remnant. Deployed to the Kalidasa and Solaris systems, the Ninth and the other Clusters within Theta took the opportunity to upgrade their forces with 'Mechs and battle armor Trinaries, passing their armored vehicles back to other units.
As of 3145 the Ninth was one of the Clusters keen to recapture lost League worlds close to the borders of the Republic of the Sphere, and were considered a good example of the benefits of working with the ruling Wolves.
|Commanding Officers of the 9th Wolf Cavalry (Wolf Empire)|
|Star Colonel||Clifford Kerensky||3145|
Ninth Wolf Cavalry (Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Star Colonel Clifford Kerensky
- - At this point in time the Ninth was stationed on Solaris and was operating at less than two-thirds of full strength. Although the Ninth lacked OmniMechs, it was equipped at approximately a Star League level of technology.
- Field Manual: 3145 p. 171, "Wolf Empire - Theta Galaxy Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 160, "Theta Galaxy"