AA Mechanized Infantry
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
The Hell's Horses treat their conventional infantry better than the average Clan. With this in mind, they provide their infantry units with more protection and support than one might expect, and introduced the Anti-Aircraft units or AA Mechanized Infantry in 2900.
These Anti-Aircraft troops provide a screen for support units, supply dumps and artillery vehicles. They are rarely deployed in combat and some commanders have serious doubts about how battle worthy they are. There are questions if they can even survive an attack by a VTOL, let alone an aerospace fighter.
In a rare occurrence Clan Hell's Horses deployed such infantry against Clan Ice Hellion, these troops took heavy losses from the Hellion air strikes as they lacked the speed to respond quickly, however they proved successful and the tanks they protected were left unscathed.
The infantry travel in specially designed light tanks fitted with lightweight antiaircraft weapons.
This is a direct link to the MUL page for the Alpha Strike card:
- Master Unit List, "AA Mechanized Infantry"
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 211
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 208