Columbia (Individual Altair-class spacecraft)
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- MechWarrior 5 Is On Steam & Catalyst Is Having A Sourcebook Sale
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For February, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For January, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Art Of BattleTech, Renegade HPG, And The Remastered BattleTech Cartoon
- Read more →
The advent of fusion power in 2020, led to the first fusion-powered interplanetary spacecraft, the AS Columbia.
The Columbia was the fourth Altair class transport and even though she was already eight years old, in 2026 she was refitted to use the newly-developed fusion drive instead of the traditional chemical reaction propulsion systems of her sister ships, the AS ''Altair'' and AS ''Procyon''. Using an "open-air" architecture allowed major components to be easily attached to the skeletal structure of the spacecraft. This allowed easy modifications for her experimental maiden voyage to Mars.
- DropShips and JumpShips, pp. 6-7
- DropShips and JumpShips, p. 7, "Rise of the Western Alliance"
- Major Periphery States p. 140