A Time of War: Quick-Start Rules (Free RPG Day 2015)
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For September, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August, 2021
- Sarna Interviews Ray Arrastia, BattleTech Line Developer At Catalyst Games
- Community Outreach - Converting HBS’s BATTLETECH Campaign To Tabletop With Riley Centrella
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2021
- Read more →
|A Time of War: Quick-Start Rules (Free RPG Day 2015)|
|Cover artwork||Alex Iglesias|
|Publisher||Catalyst Game Labs|
|Era||Dark Age Era|
|Series||A Time of War Quick-Start Rules|
|Preceded by||A Time of War: Quick-Start Rules (Free RPG Day 2014)|
The A Time of War: Quick-Start Rules (Free RPG Day 2015) is a 2015 print-only product created by Catalyst Game Labs, given a one-day free release for Free RPG Day 2015. It is a set of quick rules to start playing A Time of War.
In this version of the quick-start rules, the scenario, Down and Out in the Barrens, is set on an unknown date (see Scenario Date). On Botany Bay, the survivors of the defunct mercenary unit Roger's Rippers, stranded without a dropship or equipment, are hired by the governor of Black Canyon County to hunt down a local pirate, Serena Yang. The pre-generated characters have the remains of a Clan Jade Falcon solahma garrison's equipment available to use against a Verfolger.
- Peace Is An Illusion
- What is a Roleplaying Game?
- Sample Characters:
- Down and Out in the Barrens
- Gamemasters Only Beyond This Point!!!
Erroneously, the time-and-setting header printed for Down and Out in the Barrens is identical to that of Character Assassination from the 2014 Free RPG Day release. This error means that no reliable specific date is given for the scenario.
Some elements of the product help position the scenario on the timeline. It takes place after the Clan occupations of Botany Bay, but soon enough afterwards that some older Black Canyon County residents still remember how to repair their former Clan Jade Falcon employers' equipment. Less reliably, Quick-Start 2015 keeps the 3091-dated introductory "Peace Is An Illusion" section. These collectively identify the scenario as taking place during the greater Republic-Dark Age Era, most likely early in the era.
- A Time of War: Quick-Start Rules (Free RPG Day 2015) lacks an explicit table of contents. The list shown here was assembled primarily from page headings.
- Previous versions of the A Time of War: Quick-Start Rules, both the original and those released for previous Free RPG Days, differ primarily in the pre-generated characters and scenarios included.