- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
The Acala Pact was a mutual non-aggression pact between the Capellan Commonality and the Federated Suns. It was signed in 2345 following the successful invasion of the worlds of Mira, Mesartim and Almach by the Federated Suns in 2344.Although these three worlds were former Chesterton Trade Federation worlds that had been incorporated into the Tikonov Grand Union and were therefore not a part of the Capellan Commonality, the Acala Pact was the means by which Reynard Davion effectively neutralized Capellan Commonality support for the Tikonov Grand Union, and paved the way for the signing of the Almach Accords in 2346.
It is possible that Reynard Davion saw the Acala Pact as a possible means for incorporating the Capellan Commonality into the Federated Suns by diplomatic means; the Acala Pact established not just a mutual non-aggression treaty intended to promote trade and peace but also a forum for settling future border disputes. However, the Capellan Commonality was evidently motivated to sign the Pact simply to prevent losing any of their worlds to the probes the Federated Peacekeeping Forces was making into the Capellan Zone.
In 2357, Reynard Davion renounced the Acala Pact with the Tikonov Grand Union (but not the Capellan Hegemony) and demanded the immediate transfer of the former Chesterton Trade Federation worlds of Bell and Highspire from the Sarna Supremacy and Chesterton from the Tikonov Grand Union, and according to Capellan sources, using the threat of atomic weapons to enforce his claims to these worlds. House Davion forces occupied Bell in September 2357, an action which ultimately led to the end of the Acala Pact.
The Acala Pact was renounced by Selek Tucas, Prime Minister of the Capellan Commonality, in 2365 as a part of the conditions of the secret Hessen Conventions between the Capellan Commonality and the Tikonov Grand Union; the Tikonov Grand Union promptly also renounced the Almach Accords and began a campaign against House Davion.
House Davion (The Federated Suns) and Handbook: House Davion both state that the Acala Pact was negotiated and signed with the Capellan Hegemony. However, according to House Liao (The Capellan Confederation) and Handbook: House Liao the Capellan Hegemony ended shortly after the end of the Capellan Hegemony/Sarna Supremacy war on December 31, 2309 and was replaced with the Capellan Commonality.
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 13, "Timeline: Capellan Zone"
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 23
- House Davion (The Federated Suns), p. 26-27, "The War Leader"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 21, "Taking the Initiative"
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 24
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 14, "Tucas' Plotting"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 27, "Timeline: Early Years and the Age of War"
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 17, "Loosening Up"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 13