- "Mech Merc Company" - A Love Letter To MechWarrior 2, Now On Steam Early Access
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2020
- What ‘Mech Would You Survive The Coronavirus Outbreak In?
- MechCombat from Ralph H. Reed
- Catalyst, Coronavirus, And Clan Invasions - Interview With BattleTech Art Director Brent Evans
- Read more →
The Active was an Avenger-class DropShip owned and operated until at least 3067 by the mercenary unit known as The Medusans. The Active and her sister ships, the Acasta and the Agincourt, formed the over-size Second Division of Hydra Assault Squadron, serving under the commanding officer of the Second Division, Captain Robert Arbuthnott.
When the Medusans attempted to defend New Syrtis from a Capellan strike force in 3069, the Active was one of the ships involved in launching a deep space ambush against the Capellans. While the Medusans managed to destroy a Leopard and a Triumph and damaged a number of other Capellan DropShips, the mercenaries took damage in turn from the Capellan forces led by the Impavido class WarShip CCS Zhejiang, which was escorting the strike force. During the battle the Active and her sister ships took damage that would require months of repair time within a shipyard, and while the damage was repairable, the damage inflicted on shipyards throughout the Inner Sphere by the Word of Blake as the Jihad escalated meant that the Active was still waiting for those repairs at the end of 3071.
- Mercenaries Supplemental II, p. 51, "Basilisk Assault Squadron: Winning The Staring Match"
- Mercenaries Supplemental Update, p. 90, "Medusans"