- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Read more →
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere Experimental|
|Tracking & Targeting System|
|Heat Sinks||21 Double Heat Sinks|
The Aeshna drone AeroSpace Fighter is the heaviest of the Hive series. At one hundred tons, it carries an Improved Aerospace Smart Robotic Control System that allows it to perform nearly as well as a manned fighter. Protected by thirteen tons of Heavy Ferro-Aluminum armor, the Aeshna is able to remain in combat for a long time.
Weapons and Equipment
The Aeshna's main weapons are the Large Variable Speed Pulse Lasers mounted in each wing. When the Aeshna closes with a high value target like a DropShip or WarShip, it can activate the Ultra AC/10 autocannon that are mounted alongside those large lasers. For additional firepower against targets, the Aeshna carries a pair of ER Medium Lasers in the nose. Four tons of autocannon ammunition are carried, ensuring that the Aeshna can remain in combat and inflicting damage on heavy targets long after other fighters have had to withdraw. It can also carry two heavy missiles.
There are no known variants of the Aeshna drone fighter.
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 185
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 186