- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- You Can Now Play MechWarrior 2 And MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries On Your Browser... Sort Of
- Talking BattleTech Fiction with Philip A. Lee
- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Imstar Aerospace Irian Technologies|
|Tech Base||Star League|
|Safe Thrust||2 g|
|Top Thrust||3 g|
|KF Drive Integrity||17|
|Armament|| 16 x ER Large Lasers|
8 x LRM-20w/Artemis IV
32x Small Pulse Laser
32x ER PPC
32x SRM-6 w/Artemis IV
2x Heavy Naval Gauss
|Armor||500 tons standard|
|Grav Decks||2x 130 diameter|
|Escape Pods/Life Boats||50/0|
|Heat Sinks||2170 Double Heat Sinks|
Falling between the Black Lion and Sovetskii Soyuz class WarShips, the Agamemnon class cruisers serve as the center for the FWLM naval offensive fleet. Though equipped with a weapons complement similar to the Black Lion class, the Agamemnon class doesn't mount as much armor as the Sovetskii Soyuz, relying instead on speed and maneuverability to move it out of harm's way.
The Agamemnon class use a series of Naval Autocannon as their main anti-WarShip armament, supplemented by a pair of Heavy Naval Gauss Rifles. The Naval Lasers they mount augment the NACs and HNG rifles, but also serve as effective anti-DropShip weapons.
Aerospace fighters that close on an Agamemnon thinking it's limited to capital weapons are in for a shock: The Agamemnon-class cruisers mount a wide variety of anti-aerospace fighter weapons to prevent just that type of attack. In addition, the Agamemnons mount multiple Anti-Missile Systems to protect against missile threats. These AMS's are mounted in every firing arc, covering every possible approach angle.
The Agamemnon-class ships can carry an aerospace fighter wing (18) in its first two cargo bays, making it one of the more well-defended WarShips used by the Inner Sphere. The last bay carries 85,758 tons of cargo, which provides plenty of storage space for the Agamemnon's crew, as well as its attached DropShips.
The four DropShip collars allow the Agamemnons to carry a variety of ship types. It isn't clear at this time if the LCCC will follow the same policy they have with the Thera class carriers; permanently assigning Assault DropShips to an Agamemnon would provide almost overwhelming local aerospace superiority.
- Bay 1: 12 Fighters, 4 Doors
- Bay 2: 6 Fighters, 2 Doors
- Bay 3: Cargo (70,770 tons), 6 Doors
At this time no known variants exist.
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 136
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 131
- online date for the Agamemnon
- Technical Readout: 3067, p. 208
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 302