Agincourt (Individual Avenger-class DropShip)
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Read more →
- This article is about the individual Avenger-class DropShip. For other uses, see Agincourt (disambiguation).
The Agincourt was an Avenger-class DropShip owned and operated until at least 3067 by the mercenary unit known as The Medusans. The Agincourt and her sister ships, the Acasta and the Active, formed the over-size Second Division of Hydra Assault Squadron, serving under the commanding officer of the Second Division, Captain Robert Arbuthnott.
When the Medusans attempted to defend New Syrtis from a Capellan strike force in 3069, the Agincourt was one of the ships involved in launching a deep space ambush against the Capellans. While the Medusans managed to destroy a Leopard and a Triumph and damaged a number of other Capellan DropShips, the mercenaries took damage in turn from the Capellan forces led by the Impavido class WarShip CCS Zhejiang, which was escorting the strike force. During the battle the Agincourt and her sister ships took damage that would require months of repair time within a shipyard, and while the damage was repairable, the damage inflicted on shipyards throughout the Inner Sphere by the Word of Blake as the Jihad escalated meant that the Agincourt was still waiting for those repairs at the end of 3071.
- Mercenaries Supplemental II, p. 51, "Basilisk Assault Squadron: Winning The Staring Match"
- Mercenaries Supplemental Update, p. 90, "Medusans"