- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Read more →
|In service until||2787|
The Ai Di was an Essex I-class destroyer in service with the Capellan Confederation Armed Forces as the CCS Ai Di during the First Succession War. In September 2787 the Congress-class frigate CCS Tianjin led a group of Capellan WarShips including the Ai Di in an ambush against Free Worlds League forces in the Corey system, striking as the Marik Militia forces on the planet were in the process of redeploying to attack worlds within the Capellan Confederation. Striking first at the transport vessels located at the zenith and nadir jump points, the Tianjin and the other ships of her group - four Essex-class destroyers including the Ai Di and four Vincent-class corvettes - destroyed or captured a number of ships as the Free Worlds League Navy ships in orbit above the planet began in-system jumps in response.
The League WarShips - the ancient Vigilant-class corvette FWLS Samhain, the League II-class destroyers FWLS Oràn and Ocuri and the Atreus-class battleship FWLS Agrippa - were destroyed by the Ai Di and the other Capellan WarShips, but not before the Ai Di and the Vincent-class CCS Vladislav had been destroyed.
As the Capellan Confederation manufactured large quantities of the Essex I class destroyer, but could only have acquired the more modern Essex II via salvage or defection from the SLDF, the Ai Di was most likely an Essex I-class WarShip, and has been categorised accordingly.
- First Succession War, p. 56, "Corey and Wazan"
- Field Report 2765: Periphery, p. 30-31, "Essex I (Destroyer)"