Albion Vampire Bat
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Read more →
It proved to be a danger for the valuable introduced livestock of Clan Burrock because of causing infected wounds and transmitting diseases. In an attempt to curb the Vampire Bat, Clan scientists genetically altered the species to produce the Blood Spirit.
Albion Vampire Bats are somewhat smaller than their genetically enhanced cousins, the Blood Spirits (which have a wingspan of 90 centimeters, a height of 20 centimeters and weight 150 grams). They are dark olive in color.
Abilities and Lifestyle
The Albion Vampire Bat is a winged predator. Their sonic organ is used for both orientation and to paralyze the nerves of victims around the creature's bite; the size of the sonic organ also defines a specimen's attractiveness for mating.
It can be assumed that the Albion Vampire Bats, like Blood Spirits, live in colonies of 20 to 120 individuals.