Alethea Chowla (32nd c.)
Force Commander Alethea Chowla was a 32nd century Military Commander and MechWarrior for the Rim Commonality and re-formed Free Worlds League. She was the commander of the Commonality's elite battalion the Defenders, officially known as the First Rim Commonality Guard.
Chowla was of Asian-India descent, athletic stature, standing 180 centimeters tall, 70 kilos weight. She is known to be highly intelligent, and has a keen mind. She works closely with Rim Commonality leader, Prime Minister Michael Cendar.
Chowla led her troops with other coalition forces in July 3139 to retake the world of Atreus from the Regulan Fiefs and securing it as the capital of the newly unified Free Worlds League. Notably facing off with an 1st Regulan Hussar Berserker assault 'Mech at Imstar Aerospace planet along with one of her fellow MechWarriors.
- Chowla pilots a Thanatos BattleMech, originally belonging to Obadiah "Jake" Jacoam, who co-founded the First Rim Commonality Guard when it was a mercenary unit in 3066.
- In the novel To Ride the Chimera, it is mentioned that Alethea Chowla's grandmother was also Force Commander Chowla, of the 1st Rim Commonality Guard, presumably being Reema Chowla. Her grandfather Obadiah "Jake" Jacoam, who was a founding member of the Chaos Irregular mercenary unit, is prominently mentioned in the Mercenaries Supplemental Update entry for the Chaos Irregulars.
- To Ride the Chimera, ch. 25
- To Ride the Chimera, ch. 31
- "Chaos Formed", Afterword