Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
Algot nearby systems (3151)
|X:Y Coordinates||85.816 : -82.771[e]|
|Recharge station(s)||Zenith, Nadir|
- 1 System Description
- 2 System History
- 3 Algot V
- 3.1 Planetary History
- 3.2 Political Affiliation
- 3.3 Planetary Rulers
- 3.4 Military Deployment
- 3.5 Geography
- 3.6 Planetary Locations
- 3.7 Image gallery
- 3.8 Nearby Systems
- 3.9 References
- 3.10 Bibliography
| Jump point
|Moons||1 (Victoria's Jewel)|
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Highest native life||Plant|
|Reference Year||3025 - 3130|
|Ruler|| Torre Swensen (Governor)|
Marissa Chaca (Planetary Legate)
|Population|| 2,159,000,000 (3025)|
|HPG (Representative)||B (Precentor Harred al-Jubakh)|
Algot V - more commonly referred to simply as Algot - is the fifth planet in the Algot system and has one moon named "Victoria's Jewel".
Algot was one of the first worlds to be settled by colonists from Tikonov, and for a brief period it was a major industrial center second only to Tikonov itself. By the beginning of the twenty-ninth century Algot was one of the most populous worlds in the region, and specialized in sciences related to computers and electronics. Then, in 2822, Algot was struck by a plague which disappeared a year later, as mysteriously as it had arrived. This gained Algot a reputation for being bad for individual health - something that led to a decline in immigration and a significant increase in emigration.
Ironically, for a planet with a reputation for poor health, natives of Algot had the third-highest life expectancy in the Federated Suns by 3025 and the local population had enjoyed exceptionally good health for two centuries. This fact was kept a careful secret by the local population, to avoid their world being inundated with waves of immigrants that would spoil the quality of the their local environment - a feature that made Algot a pleasant world to visit.
During the last two weeks of October 3069 the Word of Blake launched a fresh wave of planetary assaults, further expanding the borders of the Word of Blake Protectorate. The assaults saw a number of new planets incorporated into the Protectorate, often after the threat - or use - of orbital bombardment or biological, chemical or nuclear weapons to destroy local defenses; Algot was one of the worlds brought into the Protectorate in this fashion. Three Level IIIs from the Word of Blake Nineteenth Division descended upon the planet under false flag, with Word aerospace forces firebombed the AFFS compound on the outskirts of the city of Cassol, depriving Algot of the majority of their garrison forces, and followed by a ground assault across the southern deserts of Algot's sole continent that flushed out the remainder of the Algot Militia and placed the world under the new Word of Blake Protectorate.
The citizens of Algot chose to oppose the Word's occupation with guerilla actions rather than surrender their home to invaders unconcerned for protecting the ecosystem. The Nineteenth Division responded by poisoning Lake Ochiba, one of the most important freshwater body of the planet. Even though this caused a death toll reaching close to one million, only angered more of the inhabitants. The resultant quagmire of sabotage and civil unrest forced Blakist Precentor Martial Cameron St. Jamais to reassign the Nineteenth elsewhere and leave a Word-funded mercenary garrison, Carson's Renegades, Hannigan's Monsters, Khasperov's Knights to deal with insurrection.
On 14 February 3077 Warrior House Imarra met the bulk of the Blakist mercenary garrison in the desert outside Cassol while Ambermarle's Highlanders and Devon's Armored Infantry flanked the mercenaries and overran the former AFFS compound the mercenaries were using as their base of operations. When Operation SCOUR kicked off in 3077, Algot was a target for liberation by the allied coalition, but when a task force of coalition troops led by the Federated Suns arrived in the Algot system on the 24th of February 3077, they discovered that troops from the Capellan Confederation were already fighting against the Blakists on the planet. At the behest of Devlin Stone the allied task force withdrew from the system, leaving the liberation efforts to the Capellans. By the time Group II withdrew from the Algot system, the 1st Davion AeroSpace Wing had already acquitted themselves well against the CCAF forces which had attacked the task force at the jump point. Media sources within the Capellan Confederation reported in February 3077 that Algot had rejoined the Confederation, claiming that the allied coalition forces had arrived post-liberation to attempt to take the planet from the Capellans, but had been driven off in disarray by Confederation naval forces.
- 2366 - Tikonov Grand Union 
- 2367 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2571 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2596 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2750 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2764 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2765 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2786 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2822 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2864 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3025 - Federated Suns 
- 3030 - Federated Suns 
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3050 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3057 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3058 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3063 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3067 - Federated Suns 
- 3069 - Word of Blake Protectorate (from November)
- 3075 - Word of Blake Protectorate 
- 3079 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3081 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3085 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3130 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3135 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3145 - Capellan Confederation 
- 1st Ariana Fusiliers 
- Carson's Renegades (only until february)
- Hannigan's Monsters (only until february)
- Khasperov's Knights (only until february)
- - At this point in time Harloc Raiders operating at 70% of full strength, with 90% of their equipment featuring upgraded technology.
- - At this point in time, the X Hastati was at 75% of full strength, with 100% of their equipment featuring upgraded technology.
- Algot Prime: planetary capital city.
| Closest 72 systems (72 within 60 light-years)|
Distance in light years, closest systems first:
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 153, "Planet Guide"
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 94, "Algot"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 17, "Capellan Confederation Founding, 2366"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 47, "The Jihad In Review"
- Total Chaos, p. 72-73, "ALGOT"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 57, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 36, "First Wave Complete"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 40, "Liberation At Hand"
- Era Digest: Dark Age, p. 4 "Functional Republic HPGs as of 01 January 3135"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 13, "Timeline: Capellan Zone 2367"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 25, "Capellan Confederation after Age of War "
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 48, "Federated Suns after Age of War  Map"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- Field Manual: SLDF, Inner Sphere - 
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 25, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 31, "Capellan Confederation after First Succession War "
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 54, "Federated Suns after First Succession War  Map"
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 113, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 39, "Capellan Confederation after Second Succession War "
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 60, "Federated Suns after Second Succession War  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 40, "Capellan Confederation after Third Succession War "
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 70, "Federated Suns after Third Succession War  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 49, "Capellan Confederation after Fourth Succession War "
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 72, "Federated Suns after Fourth Succession War  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 76, "Federated Suns after War of  Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 3050"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23, "Inner Sphere - 3052"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 60, "Capellan Confederation after Operation Guerrero "
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 78, "Federated Suns after Operation Guerrero  Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 68, "Capellan Confederation after FedCom Civil War "
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 82, "Federated Suns after FedCom Civil War  Map"
- ' Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 41, "Inner Sphere Map - [October 3067]
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 64, "Inner Sphere - 3075"
- Field Report: CCAF, p. 21, "Capellan Confederation Deployment Map"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere Map - [March 3081]"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 127, "Inner Sphere Map - [October 3085]"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Field Report 2765: Capellan Confederation, p. 10, "Regimental Status"
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 135, "First Succession War Deployment Table - CCAF"
- ’’ Second Succession War’’, p. 95
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p. 89, "Algot"
- Field Report: CCAF, p. 17, "Capellan Brigade Regimental Status"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 186, "RAF Deployment Table - 3085"
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130)
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Report: CCAF
- Field Report 2765: Capellan Confederation
- First Succession War
- Handbook: House Davion
- Handbook: House Liao
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Davion (The Federated Suns)
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130