- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
The FSS Alkazar was a Merchant-class JumpShip within the Federated Suns WarShip squadron dispatched in response to distress calls from miners in the Malagrotta system in 2573, prompting an incident that became known as the Malagrotta Affair. The FSS Alkazar and the other elements of the WarShip squadron had been called due to the unexpected arrival of a Taurian Concordat WarShip squadron in the system.
The Federated Suns naval squadron arrived in the Malagrotta system via a LaGrange jump point two days after the Taurian squadron arrived, engaged the Taurian squadron and destroyed or captured all bar one of the Taurian vessels. The only loss taken by the Federated Suns squadron was a single Leopard CV-class DropShip. The Taurian Concordat maintained after the incident that the Taurian squadron had jumped into the system with navigational problems, and had been proceeding to the mining moon of Fortuna to attempt to conduct repairs.
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 67, "Malagrotta"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 66, "Prelude to Perdition"