Alliance Aerospace Group
- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- "Mech Merc Company" - A Love Letter To MechWarrior 2, Now On Steam Early Access
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2020
- What ‘Mech Would You Survive The Coronavirus Outbreak In?
- Read more →
|Alliance Aerospace Group|
|Primary Site(s)|| Bass|
|Primary Products|| Aerospace Fighters|
Alliance Aerospace Group is a producer of spacecraft in the Magistracy of Canopus.
A joint venture between Canopian investors and Outworlds technicians, the Alliance Aerospace Group (or AAG) is the first dedicated space production facility in the Magistracy since the first Star League. AAG's first factory was built on Marantha to produce Seydlitz, Lightning, and Thunderbird aerospace fighters and initial production runs succeeded beyond expectations. The company's expansion plan includes adding new lines for Chippewa and Slayer heavy aerospace fighters in the near future. General Hadji Doru is a prominent AAG stockholder who uses his personal capital to further accelerate the production of improved fighters for the Magistracy Armed Forces's space arm.
The Dark Age
The Alliance Aerospace Group benefitted from the economic boom the Magistracy underwent in the Dark Age, as did the rest of the Magistracy's military-industrial complex, with money from the Capellan Confederation and Duchy of Andurien pouring into the Magistracy. The Alliance Aerospace Group benefitted from more than just foreign money - assistance from Andurien allowed the company to begin producing JumpShips from a new facility constructed in the Bass system.
In addition to the new facility at Bass, the Alliance Aerospace Group was also given the role of manufacturing the Diamond Garter Shipyards, an existing facility above Canopus IV that had nearly been destroyed during the Succession Wars. The shipyards were successfully reopened during the Dark Age and began manufacturing a mix of DropShips as well as certain materials needed for BattleMech construction that have to be manufactured in zero-gravity.
|Commanding Officers of the Alliance Aerospace Group|
Alliance Aerospace Group has manufacturing centers on the following planets;
|Components produced on Bass:|
|Components produced on Marantha:|
|Seydlitz||Light Aerospace Fighters|
|Lightning||Medium Aerospace Fighters|
|Thunderbird||Heavy Aerospace Fighters|
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 187, "Magistracy of Canopus"
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 92, "Alliance Aerospace Group Profile"
- Objectives: Periphery, p. 15
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 92, "Produced AAG Components"
- Objectives: Periphery, p. 19