- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Has Arrived - Here's What You Can Expect
- The 'Mech That Looks Most Like A Turkey
- Community Outreach - How Michael Todd Met Robert N. Charrette
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 3066)|
To help promote nationalist feelings in the newly formed Lyran Alliance, those Federated Commonwealth Corps RCTs stationed in the Lyran half of that former state were renamed under the banner of the Alliance Guards.
The 1st and 2nd were disbanded, the best Lyran loyalist troops and equipment being transferred to bolster the showpiece Alliance Jaegers. The remaining brigades served as sink units for troops whose loyalty to the Archon-Princess was suspect; they were not re-equipped, and used mostly outdated war materiel.
During the Jihad, the 3rd, 4th, and 5th Alliance Guards were used as reserve forces that supplemented the "more trustworthy" LAAF troops. Several Guards units took part in heavy offensives, and took serious damage as a result. In addition, the Guards units were picked clean for "politically reliable" troops who could make up losses in other LAAF commands. As they are near the end of the supply list, they will likely receive units cast off from other Alliance commands as they upgrade. At the moment, the lack of supplies hasn't been a problem because the Guards units lack the troops to pilot the missing machines.
|Commanding Officers of the Alliance Guards|
Different per Unit.
Units of the Alliance Jaegers
- 1st Alliance Guards - (Disbanded)
- 2nd Alliance Guards - (Disbanded)
- 3rd Alliance Guards - (Formerly the 11th FedCom RCT)
- 4th Alliance Guards - (Formerly the 12th FedCom RCT)
- 5th Alliance Guards - (Formerly the 10th FedCom RCT)
Colors and Unit Insignia
The paint scheme for Alliance Guards is brown and tan.
- Field Report: LAAF, p. 8