- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
Allied Aerospace was the first company to both design and produce a Land Air 'Mech. In 2680, the Star League Defense Force began entertaining design proposals for ’Mechs that could "fly as well as function as light ground ’Mechs". Allied Aerospace was quick to enter the new market and offered their prototype Shadow Hawk LAM design that same year. Theirs was the winning bid and the company was awarded the first contract to produce LAMs for the SLDF.
Unfortunately, due to design flaws and a series of failed test runs, the Shadow Hawk LAM was unable to attract marketable attention, forcing the company to scrap the project. However, development of the Shadow Hawk LAM laid the groundwork for the company's next attempt with the more successful Phoenix Hawk LAM, which debuted just over a decade later. The company continued producing Phoenix Hawk LAMs while further refining the technology until their only LAM factory, located on Pollux, was destroyed in 2799 during the First Succession War.
Allied Aerospace was also responsible for the manufacture of BlackWasp unmanned aerospace fighters. Designed to augment the Caspar defense drone, BlackWasp production began in 2728 and continued until its manufacturing plant on Pollux was destroyed in 2767.
Allied Aerospace had manufacturing centers on the following planet:
|Components produced on Pollux:|
|Mk. 30 BlackWasp||Medium AeroSpace Fighter|
|Shadow Hawk LAM||LAM|
|Phoenix Hawk LAM||LAM|
|Dort 85 LAM Prototype||Phoenix Hawk LAM|
|Lang T1 Modified Bi-Modal LAM||Shadow Hawk LAM|
|Allied 250||Phoenix Hawk LAM|
|DAV 220||Shadow Hawk LAM|
|Armor - Aerospace Fighters & Conventional Aircraft|
|Allied Lifter B-Series||Shadow Hawk LAM|
|Allied AVRTech Model A||Phoenix Hawk LAM|
|Ulsop WaspWave X100||BlackWasp|
|Ulsop Inquisitor K37||BlackWasp|
|ER Large Laser|
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 286
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 290 "Shadow Hawk LAM"
- Technical Readout: 3025, p. 130
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 290-300
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 290
- Jihad Conspiracies: Interstellar Players 2, p. 130, "BlackWasp"
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 300