- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|Parents||Charles Marik (father)|
Alonzo Marik extended in 2265 an offer to join the Marik Commonwealth to the nations on the world of New Olympia. The three nations had been involved in numerous internal conflicts prior to this point, with the Terran Alliance having twice been forced to mount military interventions in the late twenty-second and early twenty-third centuries. Two of the nations on New Olympia, Kasnov and New Greenland, accepted Alonzo's offer, while the third, Olympica, refused it. The Marik Commonwealth then attempted to use military force to bring Olympica into the Commonwealth, but these efforts were stymied thanks to the intervention of the Regulan Principality. Olympica would ultimately be recognized as an independent principality by the Commonwealth, an independence it would continue to enjoy and exploit until at least the late thirty-first century.
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 154, "New Olympia"