Alpha (Individual DropShip)
- Community Outreach - Converting HBS’s BATTLETECH Campaign To Tabletop With Riley Centrella
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Read more →
The Alpha was a DropShip of unspecified type, in service to Duke Hassid Ricol and associated with his private JumpShip Huntress. Ricol maintained an office in a spartan cabin aboard the Alpha, which apparently served as something of a command ship for his operations abroad.
Similarly, in 3028 the Alpha carried Ricol and his forces to Helm as part of a group of six DropShips posing as merchanters and carried by two JumpShips, one of them the Huntress. On this mission the Alpha carried a lance of Galleon tanks and an infantry company numbering ninety men. It later took off from Helmdown spaceport, joined Ricol's other five approaching vessels and set down in the Vermillion Plains where the Gray Death Legion was in the process of uncovering and defending the Helm Memory Core. This suggests the ships including the Alpha were of spheroid design and could land and take off vertically.
- Decision at Thunder Rift, p. 200
- Decision at Thunder Rift
- The Price of Glory, pp. 198, 201
- The Price of Glory, p. 202
(Cited references refer to the PDF editions of the novels; page numbers may differ for print editions.)