Alpha Galaxy (Clan Jade Falcon)
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- MechWarrior 5 Is On Steam & Catalyst Is Having A Sourcebook Sale
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For February, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For January, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Art Of BattleTech, Renegade HPG, And The Remastered BattleTech Cartoon
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Parent Formation||Clan Jade Falcon Touman|
The Alpha Galaxy is a second-line Clan Jade Falcon military formation which first appeared in early days of the Jihad.
Alpha Galaxy was formed by Khan Marthe Pryde in late 3060s as part her efforts to fortify Jade Falcon's Touman. The Alpha was formed by unusual means, where Khan Pryde took used good but lesser desired warriors whom were not old enough solahma ranks. The unit became what "Last Chance" combat to these warriors, who ranged from undesirables to criminals. As step to prevent the Galaxy to be seen as political move, she ordered no more than one Bloodnamed warriors to be assigned to Alpha. She then placed the unit under the command of Loremaster Kael Pershaw.
Falcon Incursion of 3068
During chaotic openings of the Jihad, Clan Jade Falcon received a Batchall from Lyran Alliance world of Blue Hole. In January 3068, elements of the Alpha Galaxy arrived on planet fight Blue Hole's defenders, which included local naval militia and mercenary forces. Planetary government placed large quantity of supplies in a underwater bunker off the Cokery Isle chain. After the ensuing battle with Lyran aligned forces, Blue Hole surrendered to the Clan.
Clan Ice Hellion & Hell's Horses Invasion
During Operation SCOUR Alpha Galaxy was assigned to the Lyran Commonwealth front. They, along with several Clan Wolf and Clan Ghost Bear units, attacked New Earth. Despite having nearly four Galaxies on the world, the Clans couldn't hold it. After staging several Trials of Possession for supplies, Alpha Galaxy and the Clan Wolf's Delta Galaxy left Rigel Kentarus. During the invasion of Terra Elementals from Alpha Galaxy were assigned to take Luna alongside Clan Wolf's Delta Galaxy, a DEST unit, and the Star Seeds mercenary command. The Elementals breached the line while the DEST forces infiltrated the base.
During the Dark Age Era Alpha Galaxy was also known as the "Turkina Galaxy." In 3134 Alpha Galaxy led Delta and Zeta Galaxys into The Republic of the Sphere's Prefecture IX. They faced strong opposition from the Republic Armed Forces, but the Lyran Commonwealth didn't engage them at all. Alpha and its supporting units created the Falcon's Reach and took Skye, but the Galaxy spent most of the next ten years garrisoning the new systems it had secured.
|Commanding Officers of the Alpha Galaxy|
|Galaxy Commander||Brian Pryde||3077|
- Turkina Keshik
- Sixth Falcon Dragoons
- Eighth Falcon Dragoons
- Seventh Falcon Striker
- Twelfth Falcon Jaegers
The Alpha Galaxy information as of this writing, is scattered has no official profile exclusive to it. All information based on canon intelligence reports, thus incomplete as of this writing.
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers p. 126 - Preening and Posturing - Alpha Galaxy's creation and brief history of its inception as last chance unit for Falcon Warriors.
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3070 p. 56-57 - My Bonnie Lies over the Ocean (scenario) - Lyran government officials attempt defuse Clan threat, Alpha Galaxy used a Falcon force.
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3072 p. 13 - Timeline - Blue Hole listed as conquered by Clan Jade Falcons.
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 66
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 67
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 96
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra p. 104
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 156
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers p. 126 - Pershaw assigned as commander of unit at its inception.
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers pp. 128-129 - Brian Pryde profile - Brian is commanding officer of Alpha Galaxy, succeeding Kael Pershaw after his death.
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 168, "Alpha Galaxy (Clan Jade Falcon)"
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 182, 183 - "Etienne (Balzac)"
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 138 - "Falcon Vengeance"