Alphard Trading Corporation
- Community Outreach - Pajama Boy Talks About Making Fan-Made MechAssault Game, Wolves
- MechWarrior 5 Mod Editor Has Been Released
- Community Outreach - CJF Dolgfer Roshak And Lego BattleTech
- Fan-Made MechAssault Game, Wolves, Releases Demo
- All I Want For Christmas Is My Whitworth In MechWarrior 5
- Read more →
|Alphard Trading Corporation|
|Primary Site(s)|| Addhara|
|Primary Products|| Battle Armor|
Alphard Trading Corporation (ATC) was originally a single company headquartered in the Free Worlds League. During the 2720s ATC underwent a major expansion, forming several new subsidiaries across the Periphery. During the Succession Wars, the ATC main office ceased operations, leaving the many subsidiaries to operate independently. Two of these branches were located on Alphard and Perdition, but only ATC Perdition survived the Succession Wars. Survival didn't equate to prosperity, however, as ATC Perdition remained afloat only because they merged with Pinard Protectorates Limited.
The Alphard office remained defunct until Johann O'Reilly founded a new company with the same name shortly before he formed the Marian Hegemony. By the time of the Clan Invasion, ATC Alphard had formed a partnership with Kali-Yama Industries and ATC Perdition had begun to produce defense products. The increased sales also allowed ATC Perdition to resume operating as a separate corporation.
The Jihad created problems for the Kali-Yama/ATC agreement however, as the main Kali Yama offices were occupied by Blakist forces. The Alphard branch of ATC partnered with Marian Arms Incorporated and in 3080 the two companies finished their first production line. This line produces a "primitive" version of the venerable Centurion BattleMech. Analysts speculate that ATC will use the experience gathered from creating this line to expand the Marian Hegemony's industrial base. The Perdition branch, however, did not fare so well toward the end of the century. Between the Roughriders' attack on Perdition in 3075 and subsequent raids by Word of Blake forces, all of the industry on Perdition had been destroyed by 3081.
The Dark Age
The Hegemony government invested heavily in ATC, both to drive the reconstruction programs the Marian military needed to go through and to assist with their civilian reconstruction efforts. The first new plant to be constructed by ATC was on Addhara, which began producing both armor and BattleMechs to begin making up for the lost output from the destroyed Perdition plant. Then, in addition to the Leximon plant, ATC established the first battle armor plant to be constructed in the Periphery, located on the former Illyrian Palatinate capital of Illyria. The construction of this plant was driven by demands from Caesar Ignatius O'Reilly for increased military production from ATC. It was Caesar O'Reilly's anticipation of the now-reformed Free Worlds League launching large-scale attacks against the Hegemony that fueled his determination to strengthen the MHAF.
When the Lothian League gained independence in 3128 it also effectively gained control of the Leximon plant. While the plant continued to operate under ATC's ownership, it was now producing armored vehicles for the small Lothian military.
Alphard Trading Corporation has manufacturing centers on the following planets:
|Components produced on Alphard:|
|CN9-H Centurion0||Medium BattleMech (Primitive)|
|Testudo||Tracked Vehicles (As of 3131)|
|Leenex 145||J. Edgar|
|Armor - BattleMechs & Vehicles|
|StarSlab-7 Standard||J. Edgar|
|Armor - FF - BattleMechs & Vehicles|
|Lorica Progressia [8Ferro-Fibrous]] w/CASE||Testudo|
|Alphard Original Two||J. Edgar|
|TracTex Alpha-1||J. Edgar|
|O/P GRD 059||Testudo|
|Diverse Optics Type 2||J. Edgar|
|Components produced on Leximon:|
|Goblin Medium Tank||Tracked Vehicle|
|Schrek PPC Carrier||Tracked Vehicle|
|Components produced on Perdition:|
|Fusion Engine - XL|
|Strand 265 XL||Fulcrum|
|Armor - BattleMechs & Vehicles|
|StarSlab-11.5 Type HVA||Fulcrum|
|O/P Air 900 w/Guardian ECM||Fulcrum|
|RCA Instatrac Mark XII||Fulcrum|
|Diverse Optics Type 18||Fulcrum|
|Sunglow Type 2||Fulcrum|
|Harvester 2K||Wasp/Shipped to Pinard for Thunderbolt, Battle Hawk & Plainsman also to Taurus for Thunderbolt|
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 188, "Marian Hegemony"
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, p. 90, "Produced Fulcrum Vehicle Components"
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 119, "Alphard Trading Corporation"
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, p. 199, "Alphard Trading Corporation Profile"
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, p. 76
- Experimental Technical Readout: RetroTech, p. 5
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 117, "Taurian Concordat"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 186, "Lothian League"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 190, "Lothian League"
- Technical Readout: 3026 Revised, p. 24, "Produced J. Edgar Components"
- Technical Readout: 3145 Mercenaries, p. 20, "Testudo Seige Tank"
- Objectives: Periphery, p. 25
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 162