- Your BattleTech News Round-Up For August, 2023
- Community Outreach - Locust Labs And Creating The Hunchback For Tex Talks BattleTech
- An Ode To Light 'Mechs: Why BattleTech Needs More Light 'Mech Love
- Bad 'Mechs - Ostscout
- It's The Economy, Stupid! Understanding And Comparing MechWarrior 5 In Its Historical And Economic Context
- Read more →
|Born||4 May 2540|
|Died||3 June 2583|
Amalthia Kincaid was tall and gaunt, and sickly during her entire career. Stricken with Pingree Fever in her twenties, Kincaid was described as an "armchair MechWarrior," though a brilliant strategist who conducted war as humanely as possible.
Kincaid and her senior advisor General Elias Priest formed the first Striker Regiments in preparation for renewed hostilities with the Taurian Concordat. Striker regiments proved so successful that they were instituted by the entire SLDF for long missions behind enemy lines.
Ultimately, Kincaid's illness led indirectly to her death. Taurian commandos, operating under Case BLACK and armed with a new particle-beam sniper weapon, were able to engage and eliminate targets at extreme range, but the weapon was only effective against sickly individuals. On the morning of 3 June 2583, Kincaid was assassinated during a review of the Fifty-sixth Ariana Lancers. Due to lack of command structure and fear of the new Taurian "miracle weapon," the assassination of General Kincaid delayed the invasion of the Hyades Cluster for more than a year.
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 47: "Amalthia Kincaid Profile"
- The Star League, p. 49: "Desperate Measures"
- The Periphery, p. 32