- Your BattleTech News Round-Up For August, 2023
- Community Outreach - Locust Labs And Creating The Hunchback For Tex Talks BattleTech
- An Ode To Light 'Mechs: Why BattleTech Needs More Light 'Mech Love
- Bad 'Mechs - Ostscout
- It's The Economy, Stupid! Understanding And Comparing MechWarrior 5 In Its Historical And Economic Context
- Read more →
Professor Emeritus of Federated Suns History
Marcus' parents named her after the daughter of the last Terran Russian Czar, the legendary Anastasia Romanov. She is a descendent of the noble Marcus family of the Rim Worlds Republic, maternal cousins of House Amaris. After the Amaris Civil War, anyone distantly related to Amaris fled the Republic for their own safety, and the Marcuses settled in the Outworlds Alliance.
Herself leaving the Outworlds Alliance for the Federated Suns in 3026, Marcus took up residence on New Syrtis, where she later acquired a PhD and much later became a Professor Emeritus of Federated Suns History at the University of Saso. By 3028 however, Marcus had accepted the post of Historical Director on ComStar's Davion Research Project at the request of Primus Julian Tiepolo, working with the ComStar Archives on Terra. She accepted this position, both due to the honor it represented, as well as the opportunity it provided her to research her purported ancestor Stefan Amaris.
Marcus' published works included:
- House Davion (The Federated Suns), p. 6
- Inner Sphere, p. 31
- House Davion (The Federated Suns), p. 56
- Dark Age: 3132-3134 INN, p. 195
- Dark Age: Touring the Stars (3130), p. 19