- "Mech Merc Company" - A Love Letter To MechWarrior 2, Now On Steam Early Access
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2020
- What ‘Mech Would You Survive The Coronavirus Outbreak In?
- MechCombat from Ralph H. Reed
- Catalyst, Coronavirus, And Clan Invasions - Interview With BattleTech Art Director Brent Evans
- Read more →
As of 3059 the Lola III-class destroyer Anathema was a WarShip within the Clan Fire Mandrill touman and was serving as the CFM Anathema. The Anathema was one of only seven WarShips in the Fire Mandrill touman at this point and was serving alongside two sister vessels, the CFM Rage and the CFM Rancor.
In 3067, following the alliance of Kindraa Payne with Kindraa Beyl-Grant to form what was effectively Kindraa Payne-Beyl-Grant, the Anathema served as a part of Kindraa Payne-Beyl-Grant's naval forces. The Anathema operated alongside the Sovetskii Soyuz-class heavy cruiser CFM Reaver and the Carrack-class transport CFM Howler, although by 3067 the Howler had been renamed the Firehold.
In December 3071 the Anathema transported the remainder of the Kindraa Payne-Beyl-Grant touman to Arcadia, dropping the Payne-Beyl-Grant warriors on the surface of the world after declaring a Reaving against two of the Clan Ghost Bear Bloodnames, Snuka and Vong. The Payne-Beyl-Grant forces discovered to their cost that saKhan Aletha Kabrinski had instructed the Ghost Bear forces on the world to ignore the Reaving Trials, having branded them a perversion of Clan law. As a result, Kabrinski's Silverroot Keshik and the Fourth Bear Regulars crushed the Payne-Beyl-Grant forces outright, stunning the Fire Mandrills.
In 3079 forces from the newly-formed Clan Stone Lion found the Anathema adrift at the outer edge of the Marshall system, and determined that the vessel had apparently been affected by a system-wide shutdown at some point during the Wars of Reaving. A year of repair work saw enough of the systems on the former Fire Mandrill WarShip restored to move it back to the single repair bay possessed by the Stone Lions, located at the small naval station above Niles.
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 44, "Naval Assets"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 43, "Kindra Payne-Beyl-Grant"
- Wars of Reaving, p. 82, "The Wolf At The Door"
- Wars of Reaving, p. 171, "WarShips"