- Your BattleTech News Round-Up For August, 2023
- Community Outreach - Locust Labs And Creating The Hunchback For Tex Talks BattleTech
- An Ode To Light 'Mechs: Why BattleTech Needs More Light 'Mech Love
- Bad 'Mechs - Ostscout
- It's The Economy, Stupid! Understanding And Comparing MechWarrior 5 In Its Historical And Economic Context
- Read more →
Andarmax nearby systems
|X:Y Coordinates||-3.375 : -386.492[e]|
The Andarmax system is described in some detail in the (apocryphal) German novel Gier, where Andarmax is portrayed as not a single planet, but a gas giant with three dozen moons orbiting it. Inhabited moons include (but are not necessarily limited to) Laßwitz, Brin, Clark, Asimov, Eschbach, Gibson, Bear, Vance, Dick and Heinlein. The latter, although one of Andarmax's smallest moons, holds the government seat and the ComStar temple. The moons have low gravity conditions, but are heavily terraformed including atmosphere generators to the point of featuring open environments. Vance is mentioned as an agricultural moon.
Mining stations, Hyperion station among them, exist in the gas giant's atmosphere to mine valuable inert gas.
Because of being spread across many moons, the system features a heavily used communication network accessible to everybody, at no cost. This network is used for political decision-making, as citizens can make suggestions and vote on issues, even provide input. The Refrector is also elected (and can be ousted from office) in this way.
- 2366 - No record
- 2571 - No record
- 2596 - No record
- 2750 - Capellan Confederation
- 2765 - Capellan Confederation
- 2822 - Capellan Confederation
- 2830 - Capellan Confederation
- 2864 - Capellan Confederation
- 2890 - Capellan Confederation
- 3022 - Capellan Confederation
- 3025 - Capellan Confederation
- 3030 - Capellan Confederation
- 3033 - Magistracy of Canopus
- 3034 - Magistracy of Canopus (until August) / Capellan Confederation (from September)
- 3040 - Capellan Confederation
- 3050 - Capellan Confederation
- 3052 - Capellan Confederation
- 3057 - Capellan Confederation
- 3058 - Capellan Confederation
- 3063 - Capellan Confederation
- 3067 - Capellan Confederation
- 3075 - Capellan Confederation
- 3079 - Capellan Confederation
- 3081 - Capellan Confederation
- 3085 - Capellan Confederation
- 3135 - Capellan Confederation
- 3145 - Capellan Confederation
Andarmax was conquered in December 3030 by the Magistracy of Canopus during the joint invasion of the Capellan Confederation launched by the Magistracy and the Duchy of Andurien shortly after the Fourth Succession War. The planet was taken in a swift assault by the Magistracy Militia and the Killer Bees, a mercenary unit originally hired to provide training for the Militia. According to another source, Andarmax was taken in 3033 by Colonel Centrella leading the Second Canopian Cuirassiers in an attack that saw the Andarmax Planetary Militia wiped out with very few casualties on the part of the Canopians.
In August 3034 the Capellans launched a successful effort to reclaim Andarmax. With the Second Canopian Cuirassiers having moved on to Drozan, Andarmax was defended by a battalion of armor from the Second Magistracy Armed Forces Militia Armor Guard and a pair of mercenary units, the Killer Bees and MacGraw's Marauders, guarding the planetary capital city. Upon identifying the two Capellan units heading for Andarmax - Kamakura's Hussars and Rob's Renegades - the defenders believed they still had a slim chance of victory.
Any such illusions were swiftly proven false in two days of heavy fighting, after which the two mercenary units opted for escape. The Canopian mercenary liaison ordered both units to directly attack the Capellans instead; the Marauders obeyed and were badly mauled, while the Killer Bees, citing a clause in their cadre contract, refused and withdrew from Andarmax with the CCAF's consent. In contrast, the Militia Armor Guard stood their ground, despite being equipped with just two platoons of VTOLs and a mix of tanks and mobile artillery. The Militia deployed remote sensors throughout the Alamance Wastes, their fallback position half a kilometer away from the capital, and intended to fight until reinforcements could arrive to support them. But by the 13th of August the Militia had suffered heavy losses in the Alamance Mountains and were mostly wiped out by the battle's end, while the Marauders managed to escape a shadow of its former self.
- Little Richard's Panzer Brigade (Second Battalion)
|Closest 44 systems (44 within 60 light-years)|
Distance in light years, closest systems first:
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39: "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI: "Inner Sphere - 3145"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37: "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159: "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 17: "Capellan Confederation Founding, 2366"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 25: "Capellan Confederation after Age of War "
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 24: "Free Worlds League after Age of War  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11: "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 31: "Capellan Confederation after First Succession War "
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 34: "Free Worlds League after First Succession War  Map"
- Second Succession War, pp. 18–19: "Inner Sphere - 2830"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 39: "Capellan Confederation after Second Succession War "
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 38: "Free Worlds League after Second Succession War  Map"
- Second Succession War, pp. 78–79: "Inner Sphere - 2864"
- House Arano (The Aurigan Coalition), p. 12: "The Rimward Periphery"
- House Arano (The Aurigan Coalition), pp. 14–15: "3022 Interstellar Expeditions. IAAS-349-SIFNM97-MMMXXII"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 40: "Capellan Confederation after Third Succession War "
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 42: "Free Worlds League after Third Succession War  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 49: "Capellan Confederation after Fourth Succession War "
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 51: "Free Worlds League after Fourth Succession War  Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133: "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11: "Inner Sphere - 3050"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23: "Inner Sphere - 3052"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11: "Inner Sphere Map "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 60: "Capellan Confederation after Operation Guerrero "
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 54: "Free Worlds League after Operation Guerrero  Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29: "Inner Sphere Map "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 68: "Capellan Confederation after FedCom Civil War "
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 56: "Free Worlds League after FedCom Civil War  Map"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 42: "Inner Sphere Map - [October 3067]
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 64: "Inner Sphere - 3075"
- Field Report: CCAF, p. 21: "Capellan Confederation Region Deployment Map "
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63: "Inner Sphere Map - [March 3081]"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 127: "Inner Sphere Map - [October 3085]"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11: "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Historical: Brush Wars, p. 57: "Andarmax (December)"
- Historical: Brush Wars, p. 66: "Andarmax (August)"
- 20 Year Update, p. 63: "Capellan Confederation Deployment Table"
- Objective Raids, p. 42: "Capellan Confederation Deployment Table"
- 20 Year Update
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Report: CCAF
- Handbook: House Liao
- Handbook: House Marik
- Historical: Brush Wars
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Arano (The Aurigan Coalition)
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Objective Raids
- Second Succession War