- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Read more →
|Affiliation||Clan Steel Viper|
September 3073 saw Clan Goliath Scorpion forces land on Glory to support Kindraa Mattila-Carrol that were barely hanging on to their enclave at Portage. The Vipers had been attacking the Kindraa for sometime. The arrival of the Scorpions sparked a short naval battle before they landed on the planet.
saKhan Kelton Myers (from Clan Goliath Scorpion) worked with Khan Amanda Carrol (from Clan Fire Mandrill to use the combined remnants of the Kindraa Mattila-Carrol forces and his own troops ina strike against the main Steel Viper holding on Glory, Ettiau. The first step was securing a Brian Cache designated SLB-32. Star Colonel Anders Breen of the Steel Viper Ninety-third Assault Cluster was overly eager to try and obtain glory and honor by crippling or destroying the Mattila-Carrol forces and moved most of his troops out of their defensive positions to strike at the Fire Mandrill forces. Breen's move left his defending Trinary of troops to be overwhelmed by a bombing run from the Third Scorpion Cuirassier aerospace fighters before the Tenth Scorpion Dragoons swept around the Ninety-third and crushed the Viper troops against the Fire Mandrill forces.
On 30th September the Mandrills fired upon the Ninety-thirds positions. The Ninety-third moved out to engage the Mandrills leaving only a trinary as rear guard. however this trinary was attacked and overrun by the Scorpions driving the Ninety-third into the waiting Mandrills and destroying the cluster.
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 151, "93rd Assault Profile"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 67, "Steel Viper Touman"
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 134
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 125, "Scorpion Gambit"