- Community Outreach - The Art Of BattleTech, Renegade HPG, And The Remastered BattleTech Cartoon
- Happy Holidays From Sarna!
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For December 2020
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For November 2020
- Did You Know? - There Was A BattleTech Card Game, And It Was Great™
- Read more →
|Andryusha Bombardment Frigate|
|Use||Naval Fire Support|
|Tech Base||Star League Advanced (Non-Tournment Legal) Technology|
|Chassis Type (Size)||Naval Vessel, Large (Large, Template C)|
|Top Speed||80 km/h|
|Power Plant||Electric (Fuel Cell)|
|Fuel (Type/Range)||8,347 Km|
|Armament|| 2 x Long Tom Artilery Piece |
2 x LRM-20s
6 x ER PPCs
2 x LRT-20 s
|Crew||22 Officers, 48 Enlisted/non-rated, 58 gunners, 15 bay personnel|
The Andryusha was originally a Federated Suns Rapier-class Patrol Destroyer, a wet navy patrol asset. Liao had three of these ships in service when, in 3057, the planet was liberated by Confederation forces during Operation Guerrero. In 3065, the Home Guard, wanting to bolster their forces, saw the decommissioned Davion vessels as a means to help in their goal. The first of the three ships was converted into the Andryusha configuration with artillery as its prominent weapon. In a training exercise to evaluate the newly-rebuilt ship, the design showed its mettle, however, the ship proved to be vulnerable to air attack. While the LNS Nikita and its sister ship were put into service, the trio's remaining Rapier sistership was under consideration to be converted into an aircraft carrier to provide air cover.
Weapons and Equipment
Its conventional weaponry includes a pair of 20-Tube Long Range Missile launchers mounted on its bow, with thirty-six racks of ammunition fire between them. The ship retains six of the old Rapier's Extended Range Particle Projector Cannons; two are mounted in its rear arcs, while the remaining four are in one of the ship's forward turrets, providing for some significant firepower against intermediate threats. The ship's anti-submarine warfare weaponry includes a pair of 20-Tubed LR-Torpedo launchers mounted front left and right of the ship's bow. The ship is given four tons of ammunition for torpedo launchers. The ship carries thirty tons of ammunition to sustain artillery fire while performing its duties along the coast. All of the Andryusha's ammunition is found in the main body of the vessel, protected by CASE. Its hull is protected by twenty-nine tons of standard armor, providing for an even spreading of protection to all its flanks and turrets.
- LNS Nikita - First of the class to be converted into the Andryusha configuration.
- The Andryusha entry in Handbook: House Liao showed it only being armed with two rear-firing ER PPCs instead of the six ER PPCs that the record sheet showed. Writers on the official forum of Classic Battletech.com stated that the record sheet was the correct layout of the ship, with its third turret with its ER PPCs.
- As of this writing it unclear if these ships survived the Word of Blake attacks launched against the world during the Jihad.
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 164, "Andryusha-class Bombardment Frigate"
- Handbook: House Liao, pp. 164 & 175
- Andryusha Class Bombardment Frigate on the CBT forums