- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Parent Formation||Andurien Defense Force|
The Andurien Guards are the main defensive units of the Andurien Defense Force.
Formed after the fall of the Free Worlds League the Andurien Guards served as a heavy defensive force for the Duchy of Andurien. While the Andurien Rangers were highly skilled in mobile warfare, their heavy and assault elements were frequently left behind. Rather than continue to have these forces poorly employed by the Rangers, the Andurien command staff brought many of these heavier elements into a single unit.
With this heavy equipment available, the Andurien Guards were able to practice and train for the stand-up fighting that the Rangers were ill-suited to undertake. By 3145 they had formed six regiments of combined arms forces, with each regiment having two 'Mech battalions.
|Commanding Officers of the Andurien Guards|
Different per Unit.
Units of the Andurien Guards
- First Andurien Guards
- Second Andurien Guards
- Third Andurien Guards
- Sixth Andurien Guards
- Seventh Andurien Guards
- Ninth Andurien Guards
Colors and Unit Insignia
The Andurien Guards paint their machines in vertical stripes of buff and green. The First Andurien Guards insignia shows Andurien with two crossed halberds in front of it.
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 79
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 113
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 117, "Free Worlds League Military - Andurien Defense Force"