- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|Affiliation||Free Worlds League|
Following the disbanding of SAFE's elite Eagle Corps special forces, the Dark Shadows staffed the defenses of the "The Eyrie" facility on Wendigo, the moon of the Free Worlds League capital world of Atreus.
A scathing online tirade under a flimsy cover identity by Anne-Marie McCormack, the unit's commander at the time, provoked Paul Marik into having the unit destroyed. On 23 April 3075 they were lured away from their base by a mock attack by the mercenary unit Grandin's Crusaders and then ambushed by the 49th Shadow Division. The Eyrie was subsequently captured. The battle on the airless moon left no survivors of the Dark Shadows, the Forty-ninth took no prisoners and left the remains of the fallen Dark Shadows pilots to rest inside their broken 'Mechs. The entire incident was classified though and only came to light after the Word of Blake was ejected from Atreus.
- Total Chaos, pp. 139-141 (Track "Silencing the Shadows")