|Manufacturer||Detroit Consolidated MechWorks|
|'Mech type||Inner Sphere BattleMech|
|Chassis||Detroit Type III endo steel|
|Armor||Hellespont Lite stealth armor|
|Engine||Ceres Motors 240 XL engine|
|Communications System||Ceres Metals Model 666 with Guardian ECM suite|
|Targeting Tracking System||Dynatec 990|
|Heat Sinks||10 double heat sinks|
Designed by two engineers from Fredonian Industrial Technologies, Gittleman and Abzug, the Anubis was originally designed to complement the Osiris BattleMech in use by the Federated Suns. They turned to Detroit Consolidated MechWorks only after the design was turned down by Achernar BattleMechs. The 'Mech incorporates a large number of advanced technologies that reached the Capellan Confederation's allies in the Magistracy of Canopus and Taurian Concordat. The Anubis is built on a weight-saving Detroit Type III endo steel chassis and saves further weight with a powerful Ceres Motors 240 XL engine that gives the Anubis a top speed of 129.6 km/h. Protection is provided by five and a half tons of Hellespont Lite stealth armor, making the Anubis extremely hard to hit at long range. In addition, a Guardian ECM suite is used for protection against advanced electronic warfare systems.
Weapons and Equipment
The Anubis is armed as an effective light fire support 'Mech. Its primary weapons are four Sian-Ceres Jaguar LRM-5 launchers, allowing the 'Mech to provide long range fire support for other light 'Mechs. For close combat, the Anubis has a Diverse Optics ER small laser.
- Introduced in 3067, the 3T removes all of the missile systems and replaces them with an ER large laser and two ER medium lasers. The variant has two more double heat sinks, but even with the increased capacity, the machine overheats after a short time in combat. BV (1.0) = 871; BV (2.0) = 1,166
- Developed during the Jihad in 3081, this variant of the Anubis uses twin ER medium lasers and twin NLRM-5 launchers for its offensive firepower. To increase protection, this Magistracy of Canopus design uses stealth armor developed by the Capellan Confederation, powered by an experimental Angel ECM suite that also disrupts enemy electronics. BV (2.0) = 1,074
- This Jihad era-variant introduced in 3082 carries stealth armor, and a pair of ER small lasers. The typical LRM-5 launchers have been replaced by two MML-5s instead, sharing a two ton ammunition bay in the left torso. A Guardian ECM suite is fitted to the center torso to power the stealth armor. BV (2.0) = 833
- This version of the Anubis developed in 3121 reduces the top speed to 118 km/h and allows the weapons load to change. The 5Y uses two LRM-5 launchers for missile support and deployment of Thunder rounds, while each arm carries a Light PPC. This weapons load encourages the pilot to engage in long-range duels, where the eight and a half tons of stealth armor is most effective. BV (2.0) = 1,042
- This variant is based on the 5Y and developed in 3124. It removes all the weaponry of the 5Y, replacing it with an ER medium laser in each arm and a Streak SRM-4 in the side torsos. A head-mounted TAG system allows the Anubis to call for fire support, and it carries six and a half tons of stealth armor. BV (2.0) = 1,066
Original Anubis from FM:Periphery
Anubis from TRO:3067
Experimental ABS-3MC Anubis from XTRO:Periphery
- Technical Readout: 3067, pp. 48–49: "ABS-3L Anubis"
- MUL online entry for the Anubis
- Combat Operations, p. 138
- Field Manual: Periphery, p. 172: "Anubis 'Record Sheet"
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 70
- MUL online entry for the Anubis ABS-3R variant
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 71
- MUL online entry for the Anubis ABS-3T variant
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 72
- MUL online entry for the Anubis ABS-3MC variant
- Experimental Technical Readout: Periphery, p. 3: "ABS-3MC Anubis"
- MUL online entry for the Anubis ABS-4C variant
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 73
- MUL online entry for the Anubis ABS-5Y variant
- Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation, p. 28: "ABS-5Y Anubis"
- Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation, p. 77: "Records Sheet"
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 87
- MUL online entry for the Anubis ABS-5Z variant
- Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation, p. 78: "Record Sheet"
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 88
- BattleMech Manual, Fourth Printing, p. 90: "BattleMech Quirk Table"
- BattleMech Manual Errata (Version 6.01), p. 9: "BattleMech Quirk Table"
- Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation, p. 29