|Introduced||Early Republic Era|
|'Mech type||Clan IndustrialMech|
|Armor||Industry-Z Heavy heavy industrial armor|
|Engine||200-rated fusion engine|
|Heat Sinks||15 single heat sinks|
The Araña is a medium Quad MilitiaMech, which is designed to serve as a planetary militia 'Mech for the newly formed Escorpión Imperio in the Deep Periphery. Designed by Clan Goliath Scorpion, it was created in order to allow the former Nueva Castile citizenry to serve alongside the Clan's dwindling touman.
Clan Goliath Scorpion funded Quixote Industries on the world of Navarre and furnished the Clan technology to produce the 'Mech, which began in 3087. The design was created to partner with the smaller Reptar MilitiaMech but, unlike its partner, the Araña was designed to provide fire-support to the sniper-like Reptar and as a deterrent against enemy scouts using its Clan weaponry.
Weapons and Equipment
Built on an IndustrialMech frame, the Araña is fitted with nine and a half tons of heavy industrial armor, allowing it to survive the rigors of combat. Its quadruped leg configuration also gives it considerable stability as it traverses rough terrain and added stability for green MechWarriors.
The 'Mech is powered by a 200-rated fusion engine, giving the Araña sufficient mobility for it to keep up with its partner, the Reptar. The inclusion of a fusion engine provides ample energy to power the 'Mech's main weaponry, three Clan ER medium lasers mounted on a BattleMech turret in the right torso. These Clan-grade lasers allows the 'Mech to pack a considerable amount firepower in an area of space known for its low technology, while an advanced fire control is fitted to the design to allow it be able to target with military precision. The use of 15 single heat sinks keep the heat from these weapons under control.
The Araña has the following Design Quirks:
- In the Alpha Strike ruleset for BattleTech, the Araña has been given a Point Value of 11, with Specials including Turret(3/3/-), ENE, ES, and AFC.
- The 'Mech has the following Equipment Rating: F/X-X-F (Advanced)
- MUL online date for the Araña
- Interstellar Expeditions: Interstellar Players 3 , pp. 108–110, 117: Araña - BV2
- MUL profile for the Araña - Includes BV2 and era it was introduced.
- Interstellar Expeditions: Interstellar Players 3 , pp. 108–110: Araña - Background
- Interstellar Expeditions: Interstellar Players 3 , pp. 108–110, 117: Araña - Stats
- Operational Turning Points: Hanseatic Crusade, p. 39
- Profile for the Araña - Alpha Strike Card Info.