Arcadia (Clan System)
Arcadia nearby systems (3151)
|X:Y Coordinates||-115.655 : 1608.8[e]|
|Spectral class||G7V "Pan"|
|Recharge time||188 hours|
The Arcadia system is the location of a habitable world, Arcadia I, and as of 3085 is located in the Deep Periphery region known as the Clan Homeworlds.
- 1 System Description
- 2 System History
- 3 Political Affiliation
- 4 Arcadia I
- 4.1 Planetary History
- 4.2 Political Affiliation
- 4.3 Military Deployment
- 4.4 Geography
- 4.5 Planetary Locations
- 4.6 Industrial Centers
- 4.7 Local Fauna
- 4.8 Image gallery
- 4.9 Map Gallery
- 4.10 Nearby Systems
- 4.11 References
- 4.12 Bibliography
The Arcadia system is located near the Babylon and Circe systems. In relation to the capital of the Clan Homeworlds, Strana Mechty, Arcadia is located at the coordinates -148:-176. The Arcadia system consists of a G7V class primary star named Pan, orbited by six worlds.
The Arcadia system is one of five systems known as the Pentagon Worlds and was one of the earliest systems to be settled by the Star League-in-Exile.
- 2750 - Unknown Planet
- 2800 - Star League-in-Exile
- 2821 - Fragmented Ownership
- 3025 - Clan Blood Spirit / Clan Ghost Bear / Clan Star Adder / Clan Steel Viper
- 3050 - Clan Blood Spirit / Clan Ghost Bear / Clan Star Adder / Clan Steel Viper
- 3052 - Clan Blood Spirit - 10%, Clan Ghost Bear - 25%, Clan Star Adder - 28%, Clan Steel Viper - 37% 
- 3062 - Clan Ghost Bear / Clan Star Adder / Clan Steel Viper
- 3067 - Clan Blood Spirit / Clan Ghost Bear / Clan Snow Raven / Clan Star Adder
- 3075 - Clan Blood Spirit - 30%, Clan Cloud Cobra - 50%, Clan Star Adder - 20%
- 3085 - Clan Star Adder - 100%
Planetary Map of Arcadia
|Moons||1 (Aeaea [Liny])|
|Atmospheric pressure||High (Breathable)|
|Equatorial temperature||30°C (Temperate)|
|Highest native life||Mammal|
Arcadia I - more commonly known simply as Arcadia - is a temperate and somewhat habitable world that, in common with many other Clan worlds, has been held by - and contested by - several Clans at the same time for the majority of its history as a settled world. Arcadia has a single moon officially named Aeaea but referred to by many of the inhabitants as Liny because of the streaked appearance of the clouds visible in the moon's thin atmosphere.
Arcadia was the first world to be scouted out and subsequently colonized by the inhabitants of the Exodus fleet led by General Aleksandr Kerensky. The colonists originally named the world "Alpha", but it became known as Arcadia because of the paradise it appeared to resembled thanks to its abundant water, dense vegetation and fully-developed planetary ecosystem. The planet had life forms capable of providing food for the colonists - the Arcadian Russet being one such life form - and ample resources.
Despite the apparently welcoming appearance of the planet, Arcadia soon proved that it was a far from pleasant planet on which to live. While many Terran species were able to thrive on the planet, many were driven to extinction by the local species, and a viral taint in the atmosphere proved inimical to humans, claiming many of the settlers before agents that could counter the effects of the taint were developed.
Despite the difficulties of dealing with the viral taint and the extreme volcanism and tectonic activity that rendered various areas of the planet uninhabitable, the rich resources and biological wealth Arcadia possessed allowed the colonists to thrive, but also led to the planet being a high-profile target during the Exodus Civil War.
Exodus Civil War
Many battles were fought over various resources on Arcadia, with the combatants soon resorting to using weapons of mass destruction against the various cities, killing more than half of the planetary population and leaving the planet dotted with ruined cities.
When Nicholas Kerensky led his Clans to recapture the Pentagon Worlds they found numerous factions on Arcadia, all still grimly determined to fight despite the ruin that had been inflicted on the planet. The largest factions were spread across all three continents; East Arcadia was dominated by the Democratic Republic of Rand, Helgren County and the Kingdom of Surev, whilst West Arcadia was home to the Confederation of Arcadia, Ilkasur Shogunate, Nation of Hastur and Ravisham Collective. Rechlan was home to the city-states of Garrak and Korban, the Dragon's Republic, and the Principalities of Principality of Breck and Xanadi.
After neutralizing the spacefarer enclaves at the jump points and the naval cache, Clan WarShips jumped to a pirate point near Arcadian orbit. The Perth quickly surrendered, but the Admiral Schone fought. The Schone was quickly destroyed, raining debris down in Arcadia's southern oceans.
Absalom Truscott, Khan of Clan Star Adder, was both the architect of Operation KLONDIKE as a whole and the leader of the Clan assault on Arcadia. Joining his Star Adders were Clan Ghost Bear, Clan Blood Spirit, and Clan Steel Viper. Disaster quickly struck: the Ghost Bears chose to abandon the plan and land near the Hastur capital city of Cyaegha, leaving the Star Adders to face heavy aerospace attacks from both Hastur and the Shogunate as they landed and facing a regiment of Shogunate forces on the ground. In the ensuing battle, Absalom Truscott was slain. The Blood Spirits and Steel Vipers landed a hundred kilometers distant and helped to finish off the Shogunate regiment, the damage to the Star Adders was heavy, and command of the invasion fell to the individual Khans.
The Ghost Bears and Star Adders worked independently of one another to conquer the Nation of Hastur, which led to a friendly-fire incident that was ultimately mediated by Khan Colleen Schmitt of the Blood Spirits. The Bears began rebuilding Cyaegha while the Adders renamed Nyogtha to Kerensky's Dream, and both instituted reforms that brought previously-oppressed civilians over to their side.
The Blood Spirits and Steel Vipers worked as a team to take down the Shogunate, often in battles fought according to zellbrigen due to cultural similarities between the adversaries. The campaign moved swiftly, the Steel Vipers forging ahead while the Blood Spirits took care of points the Vipers had bypassed. The final battle at the capital of Kito saw the Steel Viper Khan and the Shogun negotiating in a fashion not unlike that of the batchall. When both were shot out of their 'Mechs early in the battle, the two came together to observe the conclusion of the matter. The Shogunate surrendered, but their culture would continue to have a subtle influence in Clan society.
With the Ghost Bears still dealing with the Nation of Hastur, the other Clans turned to minor powers . The Star Adders made relatively quick work of the Ravisham Collective, while the Blood Spirits and Steel Vipers dealt with the Confederation of Arcadia.
East Arcadia was the responsibility of the Steel Vipers and Blood Spirits. Once again, they worked together, landing in the former Arcadian capital of Rivera, renamed Tian-to by the Democratic Republic of Rand. From there they swept onward, only to face counterattacks at Rivera. After securing the area, the two Clans faced the storm season, which slowed operations for over a month and a half. Once the storms lifted, the remainder of Rand fell quickly.
After Rand, the two Clans split up: the Steel Vipers targeted Helgren County, while the Blood Spirits focused on the Kingdom of Surev. The Blood Spirits made short work of Surev, while the Steel Vipers found a challenging opponent in Helgren. The Blood Spirits wound up claiming some territory in Helgren as well, along with their leader, which created a rift between the two Clans that had worked well together up to that point.
After taking the city-states of Korban and Garrak, the Ghost Bears and Star Adders went their separate ways. The Star Adders faced the Dragon's Republic, which possessed an intact Brian Cache. After a six-week siege where each entrance to the cache was methodically sealed by the Star Adders, the Republic leaders died by their own hands and the Republic fell. The Ghost Bears handled Breck and Xanadi, which proved easy to conquer and difficult to hold. The largely-nomadic people were impossible to govern except by the presence of armed force, and in the end the Bears had to resettle the population to pacify them.
In 3001, Clan Jade Falcon Star Colonel Zachary Zywot brought a task force centered around the Peregrine-class corvette Green Kestrel to Arcadia as the center of a task force to launch a Trial of Possession against forces from Clan Blood Spirit for five tons of Arcadian Russets. The commander of the Blood Spirit fortress targeted by the Trial bid their fortress and all of its forces in defense, while Zywot declared the Green Kestrel and all the forces aboard in response. After an initial duel between the aerospace fighters each side possessed, the Green Kestrel used orbital bombardment to force the Blood Spirit Trinary on the ground out of their prepared positions in response to the Spirits attempting to engage the Jade Falcon ground troops with artillery. The Jade Falcon ground forces forced the Spirits to concede, and the Spirits conceded the five tons of Russets and their disgraced commander to the Falcons.
Clan Invasion Era
In 3062 Arcadia was home to three Clans: Clan Ghost Bear, Clan Star Adder, and Clan Steel Viper.
- Clan Blood Spirit (10%)
- Clan Ghost Bear (25%)
- Clan Star Adder (35%)
- Clan Steel Viper (30%)
- Clan Blood Spirit (30%)
- Clan Cloud Cobra (50%)
- Clan Star Adder (20%)
- Confederation of Arcadia: 6 mixed battalions (Regular)
- Democratic Republic of Rand: 5 mixed battalions (Regular)
- Dragon's Republic: 4 mixed battalions (Regular)
- Garrak and Korban: 4 mixed companies 9Regular)
- Helgren County: 2 mixed battalions (Veteran)
- Ilkasur Shogunate: 7 mixed battalions (Veteran)
- Kingdom of Surev: 5 mixed companies (Regular)
- Nations of Hastur: 9 mixed battalions (Regular)
- Principalities of Breck and Xanadi: 4 mixed companies (Regular)
- Ravisham Collective: 3 mixed battalions (Regular)
Clan Ghost Bear
Clan Steel Viper
Arcadia has three continents named East Arcadia, West Arcadia and Reclan.
- Arcadia BattleMech Plant CM-03
- Arcadia BattleMech Plant CM-T4
- Arcadia BattleMech Plant CM-T15
- Manufacturing Plant WA3
- Arcadian Russet
- Cloud Cobra
- Steel Viper
|Closest 20 systems (6 within 60 light-years)|
Distance in light years, closest systems first:
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 1.19 1.20 1.21 1.22 1.23 1.24 1.25 1.26 1.27 1.28 1.29 1.30 Historical: Operation Klondike, p. 134, "Arcadia Profile"
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 The Wars of Reaving, p. 231, "Arcadia"
- ↑ The Clans: Warriors of Kerensky, p. 112, Clan-Space Worlds Table
- ↑ Historical: Operation KLONDIKE, pp. 18-22
- ↑ Historical: Operation KLONDIKE, pp. 41-42, 49-60
- ↑ Clan Homeworlds 3052 Poster (Kickstarter)
- ↑ Field Manual Updates, "Political Balance Table", p. 39
- ↑ The Wars of Reaving, "Political Balance Table, 3067", p. 228
- ↑ The Wars of Reaving, "Political Balance Table, 3075", p. 248
- ↑ The Wars of Reaving, "Political Balance Table, 3085", p. 249
- ↑ The Clans: Warriors of Kerensky, p. 102, "Clan Space"
- ↑ Historical: Operation Klondike, pp.41-42
- ↑ Historical: Operation Klondike, pp.50-51
- ↑ Historical: Operation Klondike, pp.51-54
- ↑ Historical: Operation Klondike, pp.54-55
- ↑ Historical: Operation Klondike, pp.55-58
- ↑ Historical: Operation Klondike, p.58
- ↑ Historical: Operation Klondike, pp.58-59
- ↑ Historical: Operation Klondike, pp.59-60
- ↑ Technical Readout: Golden Century, p. 56, "Peregrine"
- ↑ 21.0 21.1 21.2 21.3 The Clans: Warriors of Kerensky', pp. 103-104, "Planetary data from 3062".
- ↑ 22.0 22.1 22.2 22.3 The Wars of Reaving, p. 228, "Political balance Table, 3067"
- ↑ 23.0 23.1 23.2 The Wars of Reaving, p. 248, "Political balance Table, 3075"
- ↑ The Wars of Reaving, p. 166, "Clan Star Adder"
- ↑ The Wars of Reaving, p. 249, "Political balance Table, 3085"
- ↑ 26.0 26.1 26.2 Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 156, "Crusader Clans Deployment Table"
- ↑ 27.0 27.1 Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 163, "Warden Clans Deployment Table"
- ↑ 28.0 28.1 Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 166, "Warden Clans Deployment Table"