Arcadia (Clan System)
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
Arcadia nearby systems (3151)
|X:Y Coordinates||-115.655 : 1608.8[e]|
|Spectral class||G7V "Pan"|
|Recharge time||188 hours|
- 1 Arcadia
- 2 Arcadia I
- 2.1 Planetary History
- 2.2 Political Affiliation
- 2.3 Military Deployment
- 2.4 Geography
- 2.5 Planetary Locations
- 2.6 Industrial Centers
- 2.7 Local Fauna
- 2.8 Image gallery
- 2.9 Nearby Systems
- 2.10 References
- 2.11 Bibliography
The Arcadia system is located near the Babylon and Circe systems. In relation to the capital of the Clan Homeworlds, Strana Mechty, Arcadia is located at the coordinates -148:-176. The Arcadia system consists of a G7V class primary star named Pan, orbited by six worlds.
- 2750 - Unknown Planet
- 2800 - Star League-in-Exile
- 2821 - Fragmented Ownership
- 3025 - Clan Blood Spirit / Clan Ghost Bear / Clan Star Adder / Clan Steel Viper 
- 3050 - Clan Blood Spirit / Clan Ghost Bear / Clan Star Adder / Clan Steel Viper 
- 3062 - Clan Ghost Bear / Clan Star Adder / Clan Steel Viper 
- 3067 - Clan Blood Spirit / Clan Ghost Bear / Clan Snow Raven / Clan Star Adder
- 3075 - Clan Blood Spirit - 30%, Clan Cloud Cobra - 50%, Clan Star Adder - 20%
- 3085 - Clan Star Adder - 100%
World Map of Arcadia
| Jump point
|Moons||1 (Aeaea [Liny])|
|Atmospheric pressure||High (Breathable)|
|Equatorial temperature||30°C (Temperate)|
|Highest native life||Mammal|
|Population|| 1,250,000 (2800)|
Arcadia I - more commonly known simply as Arcadia - is a temperate and somewhat habitable world that, in common with many other Clan worlds, has been held by - and contested by - several Clans at the same time for the majority of its history as a settled world. Arcadia has a single moon officially named Aeaea but referred to by many of the inhabitants as Liny because of the streaked appearance of the clouds visible in the moon's thin atmosphere.
Arcadia was the first world to be scouted out and subsequently colonized by the inhabitants of the Exodus fleet led by General Aleksandr Kerensky. The colonists originally named the world "Alpha", but it became known as Arcadia because of the paradise it appeared to resembled thanks to its abundant water, dense vegetation and fully-developed planetary ecosystem. The planet had life forms capable of providing food for the colonists - the Arcadian Russet being one such life form - and ample resources.
Despite the apparently welcoming appearance of the planet, Arcadia soon proved that it was a far from pleasant planet on which to live. While many Terran species were able to thrive on the planet, many were driven to extinction by the local species, and a viral taint in the atmosphere proved inimical to humans, claiming many of the settlers before agents that could counter the effects of the taint were developed.
Despite the difficulties of dealing with the viral taint and the extreme volcanism and tectonic activity that rendered various areas of the planet uninhabitable, the rich resources and biological wealth Arcadia possessed allowed the colonists to thrive, but also led to the planet being a high-profile target during the Exodus Civil War.
Exodus Civil War
Many battles were fought over various resources on Arcadia, with the combatants soon resorting to using weapons of mass destruction against the various cities, killing more than half of the planetary population and leaving the planet dotted with ruined cities.
When Nicholas Kerensky led his Clans to recapture the Pentagon Worlds they found numerous factions on Arcadia, all still grimly determined to fight despite the ruin that had been inflicted on the planet. The largest factions were spread across all three continents; East Arcadia was dominated by the Democratic Republic of Rand, Helgren County and the Kingdom of Surev, whilst West Arcadia was home to the Confederation of Arcadia, Ilkasur Shogunate, Nation of Hastur and Ravisham Collective. Reclan was home to three distinct factions, the Dragon's Republic, Garruk and Corban and the Principalities of Breck and Xanadi.
Clan Invasion Era
In 3062 Arcadia was home to three Clans: Clan Ghost Bear, Clan Star Adder, and Clan Steel Viper.
- Clan Blood Spirit (10%)
- Clan Ghost Bear (25%)
- Clan Star Adder (35%)
- Clan Steel Viper (30%)
- Confederation of Arcadia: 6 mixed battalions (Regular)
- Democratic Republic of Rand: 5 mixed battalions (Regular)
- Dragon's Republic: 4 mixed battalions (Regular)
- Garrak and Korban: 4 mixed companies 9Regular)
- Helgren County: 2 mixed battalions (Veteran)
- Ilkasur Shogunate: 7 mixed battalions (Veteran)
- Kingdom of Surev: 5 mixed companies (Regular)
- Nations of Hastur: 9 mixed battalions (Regular)
- Principalities of Breck and Xanadi: 4 mixed companies (Regular)
- Ravisham Collective: 3 mixed battalions (Regular)
- First Bear Guards
- Fourth Bear Regulars
- Ninety-third Assault Cluster
- Twenty-ninth Fang Cluster
Arcadia has three continents named East Arcadia, West Arcadia and Reclan.
- Arcadia BattleMech Plant CM-03
- Arcadia BattleMech Plant CM-T4
- Arcadia BattleMech Plant CM-T15
- Manufacturing Plant WA3
| Closest 20 systems (6 within 60 light-years)|
Distance in light years, closest systems first:
- Historical: Operation Klondike, p. 134, "Arcadia Profile"
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 231, "Arcadia"
- The Clans: Warriors of Kerensky, p. 112, Clan-Space Worlds Table
- Historical: Operation KLONDIKE, pp. 18-22
- Historical: Operation KLONDIKE, pp. 41-42, 49-60
- Field Manual Updates, "Political Balance Table", p. 39
- The Wars of Reaving, "Political Balance Table, 3067", p. 228
- The Wars of Reaving, "Political Balance Table, 3075", p. 248
- The Wars of Reaving, "Political Balance Table, 3085", p. 249
- The Clans: Warriors of Kerensky, p. 102, "Clan Space"
- The Clans: Warriors of Kerensky', pp. 103-104, "Planetary data from 3062".
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 228, "Political balance Table, 3067"
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 248, "Political balance Table, 3075"
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 166, "Clan Star Adder"
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 249, "Political balance Table, 3085"
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 156, "Crusader Clans Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 163, "Warden Clans Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 166, "Warden Clans Deployment Table"