- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|Mech type||Inner Sphere OmniMech|
|Chassis||AR-3 Endo Steel|
|Engine||GM 180 XL|
|Communications System||K9 Communications System|
|Targeting Tracking System||Type IV Bloodhound T & T System|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double heat sinks|
The Arctic Fox is a light OmniMech reverse engineered by the Kell Hounds from the Clan Uller OmniMech with assistance in the final stages from Clan Wolf-in-Exile. The resulting OmniMech is a powerful light 'Mech that has a top speed of 97.2 km/h that is provided by a GM 180 XL engine, shaving off valuable weight from the Arctic Fox's base chassis while also making the 'Mech vulnerable to becoming a combat kill through the loss of one of its side torsos. The Arctic Fox has ten double heat sinks which are generally enough to handle the 'Mech's heat load, with the ability to add more if needed. To protect itself from enemy fire, the Arctic Fox has six tons of Royal-7 armor.
Weapons and Equipment
The primary configuration of the Arctic Fox is intended to wear an enemy's armor down at long ranges and then close for the kill. To do this, the Arctic Fox carries an ER PPC that can hit a target at up to six hundred and ninety meters. For close combat, two Medium Lasers provide the primary hitting power while two SRM-4 launchers seek out weak points in an enemy's armor.
- Alt Config B
- Useful in anti-aircraft and in vehicle hunting roles, the B configuration has an LB-X Autocannon/10 as its primary weapon. This is backed up by a Medium Laser. This configuration is highly flexible in its roles but also severely handicapped by its reliance on a ballistic weapon. BV (1.0) = 634, BV (2.0) = 735
- Alt Config C
- Another sniper and cleanup 'Mech rolled into one, the C configuration mounts an ER PPC as its primary weapon, giving it superb long range firepower. This is matched up with a Large Pulse Laser, which has a much shorter range but is extremely accurate. BV (1.0) = 747, BV (2.0) = 948
- Alt Config U
- Intended for underwater combat, this configuration uses five UMUs to propel itself at 54km/h underwater. It's also equipped with a MechWarrior Aquatic Survival System to protect the pilot in case of a hull breach. It uses a Light PPC and Artemis IV enhanced LRT-10 to engage the enemy. BV (2.0) = 821
- Kit Fox - The Arctic Fox is based mainly on Kit Fox OmniMechs salvaged from the battlefields of Luthien.
In German products the unit's proper name was perfectly translated to Polarfuchs. The model code was accordingly changed to PF1.
Original Arctic Fox from TRO:3060
- Technical Readout: 3060, pp. 80-81, "Arctic Fox Profile"
- MUL online date for the Arctic Fox
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 69
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 112
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 70
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 113
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 71
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 114
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 72
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 115
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 73
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 116
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged p. 117 - AF1E configuration of the Artic Fox.
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged p. 118 - AF1F - Missile Support configuration introduced by the RS3060u.
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Old is the New New, p. 61
- BattleMech Manual, p. 90 Battlemech Quirk Table - Arctic Fox Entry.