Arctic Wolf II
|Arctic Wolf II|
|Manufacturer||WC Site 1|
|'Mech type||Clan OmniMech|
|Chassis||AR1 endo steel|
|Engine||Light Force 280 XL engine|
|Communications System||HWLR Designation ComSys|
|Targeting Tracking System||Hunter (7) Dedicated TTS|
|Heat Sinks||11 double heat sinks|
|Jump Jets||Grandthrust Mk. 4|
The Arctic Wolf II is a Clan Wolf-in-Exile medium OmniMech that was developed during the Jihad, and finally deployed in 3085. The design is based on the OmniMech variant of the original Arctic Wolf, and has improved on the original, which had a number of problems including technical glitches and a lack of speed. The Arctic Wolf II addresses speed concerns by using the original Arctic Wolf's Light Force 280 XL engine, and seven Grandthrust Mk. 4 jump jets were also installed to further increase the 'Mech's mobility and tactical options. With over 14 tons of pod space available for its techs to install weapons and equipment, perhaps one of the Arctic Wolf II's only weaknesses is its light armor protection, mounting only six and a half tons of ferro-fibrous armor.
Weapons and Equipment
Designed for long-range engagements, the Primary configuration boasts a pair of shoulder mounted LRM-15 launchers with three tons of ammunition. The launchers are backed up by a pair of ER medium lasers, each mounted in one of the 'Mechs arms and a small pulse laser in the right torso. The 11 mounted double heat sinks handle the majority of the heat burden.
- Alternate Configuration A
- Tailored to short-range engagements, the A configuration consists of four Streak SRM-4 launchers mounted in both arms and side torsos with two tons of ammunition to supply all four launchers. For backup weaponry, the 'Mech sports a pair of small pulse lasers mounted in the right torso. This configuration also features an active probe and an ECM suite, with one double heat sink removed to make room for the additional equipment. BV(2.0)=1,645
- Alternate Configuration B
- Designed for flanking actions, the B configuration has four standard SRM-4 launchers mounted in its arms and side torso pods, while a single large pulse laser and small pulse laser make up the 'Mech's backup weaponry. The 'Mech is also equipped with an extra double heat sink, increasing the total to 12, and three tons of ammunition for its short ranged missile launchers. BV(2.0)=1,678
- Alternate Configuration C
- The Wolves created the C configuration to fill the role of a fast harasser. It comes with a pair of arm mounted ER large lasers for ranged attacks and a pair of torso mounted SRM-4 launchers with two tons of ammunition for short ranges. An additional double heat sink, bringing the total to 12, is added to help with the Mech's increased heat loads. BV(2.0)=1,913
- Dev-Level Errata reported for Technical Readout: 3085 swaps the Prime and A configurations to match Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge
- Dev-Level Errata reported for Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge swaps the Prime's left and right torso criticals to match the artwork.
- Technical Readout: 3085 Supplemental, pp. 50-51, "Arctic Wolf II"
- MUL online entry for the Arctic Wolf II
- MUL online entry for the Arctic Wolf II A configuration
- MUL online entry for the Arctic Wolf II B configuration
- MUL online entry for the Arctic Wolf II C configuration
- BattleMech Manual, p. 90 Battlemech Quirk Table - Arctic Wolf II Entry.