Arctic Wolf II
- June News Roundup 2020 - Supplemental
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June 2020
- Did You Know? Other Games Come And Go, But MechWarrior: Living Legends Is Here To Stay
- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- Read more →
|Arctic Wolf II|
|Manufacturer||WC Site 1|
|Mech type||Clan OmniMech|
|Chassis||AR1 Endo Steel|
|Engine||Light Force 280 XL|
|Communications System||HWLR Designation ComSys|
|Targeting Tracking System||Hunter (7) Dedicated TTS|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double heat sinks|
|Jump Jets||Grandthrust Mk. 4|
The Arctic Wolf II is a Clan Wolf-in-Exile Medium OmniMech that was developed during the Jihad, and finally deployed in 3085. The design is based on the OmniMech variant of the original Arctic Wolf. The original OmniMech version had a number of problems, including technical glitches and a lack of speed. The Arctic Wolf II addresses speed concerns by using the original Arctic Wolf's Light Force 280 rated XL Fusion Engine. Seven Grandthrust Mk. 4 Jump Jets were also installed to increase the Mech's tactical options and exploit capabilities that were gained from the failed OmniMech J Configuration. The 'Mech has over 14 tons of pod space available for its techs to install weapons and equipment. Perhaps one of the Arctic Wolf II's only weaknesses is its light armor protection, boasting only 6.5 ton of Ferro Fibrous armor.
Weapons and Equipment
The 'Mechs Primary Configuration is tailored to short-range engagements. It consists of four Streak SRM 4 launchers mounted in both arms and side torsos with two tons of ammunition to supply all four launchers. For backup weaponry, the 'Mech sports a pair of Small Pulse Lasers mounted in the right torso. This configuration also features an Active Probe and an ECM Suite.
- Alt. Config. A
- Designed for long-range engagements, the A configuration boasts a pair of shoulder mounted LRM 15 launchers with three tons of ammunition. The launchers are backed up by a pair of ER Medium Lasers mounted in each of the 'Mechs arms and a Small Pulse Laser in the Left Torso. Heat issues are mitigated by the addition of a single Double Heat Sink. BV(2.0)=2,111
- Alt. Config. B
- Designed for flanking actions, the B configuration has four standard SRM 4 launchers mounted in its arms and side torso pods. A single Large Pulse Laser and Small Pulse Laser make up the 'Mechs back up weaponry. The 'Mech is also equipped with an extra Double Heat Sink and three tons of ammunition for its short ranged missile launchers. BV(2.0)=1,678
- Alt. Config. C
- The Wolves created the C configuration to fill the role of a fast harasser. It comes with a pair of arm mounted ER Large Lasers for ranged attacks. For short ranges, the "C" is equipped with a pair of torso mounted SRM 4 Launchers with two tons of ammunition. A single Double Heat Sink is added to help with the Mech's increased heat loads. BV(2.0)=1,913
Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge reverses the Arctic Wolf II Prime and Arctic Wolf II A configurations.
- Technical Readout: 3085 Supplemental, pp. 50-51, "Arctic Wolf II"
- MUL online entry for the Arctic Wolf II
- MUL online entry for the Arctic Wolf II A configuration
- MUL online entry for the Arctic Wolf II B configuration
- MUL online entry for the Arctic Wolf II C configuration
- BattleMech Manual, p. 90 Battlemech Quirk Table - Arctic Wolf II Entry.