- Your BattleTech News Roundup For September, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August, 2021
- Sarna Interviews Ray Arrastia, BattleTech Line Developer At Catalyst Games
- Community Outreach - Converting HBS’s BATTLETECH Campaign To Tabletop With Riley Centrella
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2021
- Read more →
|Parents||Amalthia Calderon (mother)|
She was well liked by the Taurian people, and held the title Lady Ariana. Ariana was married to Kalvin Liao in 2520 for political reasons. Apparently Kalvin did not remember he had, in fact, married and continued to marry other women even after he became Chancellor. In 2527 Kalvin's mental decline accelerated and in a fit of rage ordered the murder of all of his "wives", including Ariana. This loathsome act spurred Amalthia and the Concordat to initiate military action against the Capellan Confederation, the first time a Periphery nation struck first against an Inner Sphere nation. This conflict was named Ariana's War in remembrance of their lost Lady.
It is highly unlikely that Ariana was the heir to the Protectorship; the deeply held Taurian dislike of the Inner Sphere would seem to prevent any heir being bound by marriage to the leader of a Great House, let alone one from the Capellan Confederation which inflicted the Rim War on them. Most likely Amalthia had another child/heir. There is no record of Ariana having children, by Kalvin or otherwise.
- The Periphery (sourcebook), p. 20, "A Dose Of Revenge"
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 38, "Mother And Daughter"