- Your BattleTech News Round-Up For August, 2023
- Community Outreach - Locust Labs And Creating The Hunchback For Tex Talks BattleTech
- An Ode To Light 'Mechs: Why BattleTech Needs More Light 'Mech Love
- Bad 'Mechs - Ostscout
- It's The Economy, Stupid! Understanding And Comparing MechWarrior 5 In Its Historical And Economic Context
- Read more →
|Founding Year||ca. 2407|
|Parent Organization||Rim Worlds Republic|
AsRoc was the Rim Worlds Republic intelligence service.
In 2407, the Draconis Combine and Lyran Commonwealth both approached the Rim Worlds Republic with offers of alliance after war broke out in the Skye and Tamar provinces, to which First Consul Heather Durant rejected in favor of official neutrality. As the war spread, the Rim Worlds became the scene of clandestine activities between the Kuritan and Lyran intelligence agencies and Durant saw a means to profit from this. She created the AsRoc intelligence service to acquire as many military secrets they could intercept and sell them to the highest bidder.
In 2751, a classified report sent to Commanding General Aleksandr Kerensky on the investigation of Simon Cameron's death and visible only to Star League Intelligence Command and Hegemony Central Intelligence Bureau personnel, noted that the Rim Worlds Republic's intelligence agency had not demonstrated "appropriate fieldcraft" in recent years, though could not be ruled out entirely.
- Though some BattleTech sources such as The Periphery (p. 21) and Experimental Technical Readout: Primitives, Volume 1 (p. 15) mentioned the AsRoc as being involved in Operation PROMETHEUS, Catalyst later retconned their involvement entirely, stating that despite what may have been said, the RWR had no involvement, and that the Lyrans carried out the operation on their own.
- The Periphery, p. 21
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 15
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 21
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 111
- The original thread was found in this thread on the forums