Asturias nearby systems (3151)
|X:Y Coordinates||-719.505 : 1103.647[e]|
|Recharge time||187 hours|
- c.2388 Independent world 
- 2392 - Nueva Castile 
- 2830 - Nueva Castile 
- 2855 - Nueva Castile 
- 3058 - Nueva Castile 
- 3079 - Nueva Castile 
- 3080 - Escorpión Imperio 
- 3086 - Escorpión Imperio 
- 3140 - Escorpión Imperio
- 3141 - Scorpion Empire
|Moons||2 (Grable, Mansfield)|
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Equatorial temperature||32°C (Temperate-Hot)|
|Highest native life||Mammal|
Asturias V - more commonly known simply as Asturias - is the fifth planet in the Asturias system and for centuries served as the capital of the Castilian Principalities. Asturias was home to one of the few defense industries to be found within Nueva Castile prior to the Clan Goliath Scorpion invasion.
Asturias was first settled along with its sister worlds around 2388 by Spanish and Portuguese colonists seeking freedom from the Terran Hegemony. In 2392 it became one of the founding worlds of Nueva Castile, and by the mid-26th Century was populated by a repressive feudal society.
Between 2830 and 2855 the rest of the Castilian worlds were conquered by the newly-arrived Umayyad Caliphate. Asturias was spared the same fate due to an outbreak of infighting among the invaders, allowing the Asturians to capture and reverse engineer an Umayyad BattleMech. Within months BattleMech-equipped Asturian forces went on the offensive and reclaimed León and Castile, beginning a two-century reconquista that would eventually see the Umayyads driven back to Córdoba and Granada by 3058. Asturias served as Nueva Castile's capital during this period. 
Goliath Scorpion raids and conquest
In 3080 Nueva Castile was invaded by Clan Goliath Scorpion, who had been Abjured by the other Clans within the Clan Homeworlds. The Goliath Scorpions were in urgent need of resources following the loss of all of their holdings in the Homeworlds, and had raided a number of worlds within the region in the preceding decade. Having planned for an invasion of Nueva Castile at some point, the Abjuration of the Goliath Scorpions precipitated an immediate invasion, but once conquering both the Castilian Principalities and the Umayyad Caliphate the Goliath Scorpions then attempted to integrate the three disparate nations into a single new nation, the Escorpión Imperio. The Goliath Scorpions established the capital of the Escorpión Imperio at Granada.
- - At this point in time all Castilian Principalities units are operating at 90% of full strength, with 15% of their equipment featuring upgraded technology.
Asturias has three continents named Franco, Sanctorum and Volksmarch.
- Sanctum: the planetary capital city, located on Sanctorum.
Besides being equipped with refit stations for combat vehicles, the planet was home to the production facility of the Castilians' first primitive BattleMech design, the Reconquista.
|Closest 20 systems (7 within 60 light-years)|
Distance in light years, closest systems first:
- Objectives: Periphery, p. 33, "Asturias"
- Operational Turning Points: Hanseatic Crusade, p. 14, Map
- Operational Turning Points: Hanseatic Crusade, p. 13, Scorpion Empire formed c. March 3141
- Field Report: Periphery, p. 24, "Last Known Deep Periphery Deployment Map"
- Touring the Stars: Valencia, p. 4
- Explorer Corps, p. 58, "Nueva Castile"
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 158-160, "Escorpión Imperio (Periphery Nation)"
- Operational Turning Points: Hanseatic Crusade, p. 18, Map of the Escorpion Imperio and Hanseatic League just prior to merging as Scorpion Empire in 3141.
- Field Report: Periphery, p. 18, "Last Known Deep Periphery Deployment Map"
- Objectives: Periphery, p. 33, "Sanctuary Station"
- Touring the Stars: Valencia, p. 11: "Reconquista"