|Büffel VII Engineering Support Vehicle|
|Manufacturer||Arcturan Arms/MacEnroe Motors|
|Use||Salvage Vehicle |
|Chassis Type (Size)||Tracked (Medium)|
|Cruise Speed||30 km/h|
|Flank Speed||50 km/h|
|Fuel (Type/Range)||208 km (Petrochemicals)|
|Targeting Tracking System||Unspecified|
|Armament||3x Machine Guns|
|Barrier Armor Rating (BAR)||7 |
|Crew||6 (1 officer, 2 enlisted/non-rated, 3 gunners}|
The Büffel VII is a House Steiner combat engineering vehicle that was first produced in 2407. The vehicle was created to help Combat Engineers remove battlefield obstacles, such as debris, salvage and minefields.
The vehicle was produced by the Arcturus Arms of Arcturus during the Age of War. The vehicle saw service for centuries in the Lyran Commonwealth's main line units and then later in planetary militia units. The vehicle in one form or another remained in service despite its manufacturing being taken over by MacEnroe Motors which later went out of business. The Büffel VII's specifications became the basis for many combat engineering vehicles to come after it.
The Jihad and the discovery of the Hegemony Memory Core allowed the vehicle to be brought back into production at both its old factory site on Arcturus and on Halfway.
Weapons and Equipment
Not intended for direct combat, the Büffel is meant to operate in the rear areas of friendly forces. The weaponry of the Büffel VII includes a pair of turret-mounted machine guns and a single one mounted in the front. Providing for some defense against light armored vehicles and infantry it has been given a pair of Vehicle Grenade Launchers mounted in the rear. A ton of ammunition is allocated to the machine guns.
The vehicle has a Bulldozer in its front to allow it to plow through debris. To help haul disabled vehicles, it mounts two Lift Hoists on the turret to allow for maximum flexibility. Its Internal Combustion Engine manages to get the vehicle up to approximately 50 km/h, while its fuel capacity allows it to travel 208 km. The vehicle is protected by 5.5 tons' worth of reinforced hull plating armor that allows it to survive enemy fire long enough to accomplish its mission objectives.
The vehicle is also fitted with rear-facing Minesweeper gear, however due to its placing, the operators must drive the Büffel backwards in order to clear a minefield. The vehicle's rear armor has been configured so as to handle this task with some safety.
- Büffel (Reverse)
- Büffel (Cargo)
- Büffel VIII
- Büffel is German for "Buffalo".
Original Büffel from TRO:3075
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 1.19 1.20 1.21 1.22 1.23 1.24 Technical Readout: 3075, p. 276, "Büffel Engineering Support Vehicle
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 MUL online entry for the Büffel VII
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War, p. 191
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 MUL online entry for the Büffel (Reverse) variant
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War, p. 192
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 MUL online entry for the Büffel (Cargo) variant
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War, p. 193
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 MUL online entry for the Büffel VIII variant
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War, p. 194