BattleTech: A Game of Armored Combat
- This article is about one specific product. For the series of game boxes that served as the core BattleTech product, and its iterations over time, see BattleTech boxed set.
|BattleTech: A Game of Armored Combat|
|Type||Core Game Set|
|Publisher||Catalyst Game Labs|
|First published||23 January 2019|
|Era||Succession Wars era|
|Preceded by||BattleTech: Beginner Box|
|Followed by||BattleTech: Clan Invasion|
The BattleTech: A Game of Armored Combat is a physical game box containing necessary pieces, papers and material to play the general tabletop version of BattleTech. The boxed set as a more developed introduction to BattleTech that complements the more compact BattleTech: Beginner Box boxed set (and its successor BattleTech Beginner Box, Second Edition).
From the back cover
|“||The galaxy awaits!
It is the dawn of the thirty-first century. You are a MechWarrior: master of a multi-ton, towering avatar of destruction that is the culmination of more than 3,000 years of battlefield technology development. A precious heirloom passed from parent to child across centuries, an unassailable mark of your station. Whether a soldier-of-fortune or a true-blue patriot, you drop into hot zones across a thousand worlds to expand the star-spanning empire of one of the noble Great Houses.
BattleTech is the world's greatest armored combat game. Inside this box you'll discover epic clashes, dynamic characters, and a myriad of gaming experiences for any type of player: miniatures to RPG play, hobby painting to fiction, and beyond.
A Game of Armored Combat includes everything you need to start tossing dice and moving miniatures on your gaming table. Do you have what it takes to plant the banner of victory and become a legend? Leap into the action and find out!
- Eight high-quality, fully assembled (unpainted) miniatures
- One full-color rulebook
- Record Sheets
- Eight double-sided, dry erase Alpha Strike Cards
- LCT-1V Locust / LCT-1E Locust
- COM-2D Commando / COM-3A Commando
- GRF-1N Griffin / GRF-1S Griffin
- SHD-2H Shadow Hawk / Durant Carlyle Shadow Hawk
- WVR-6M Wolverine / WVR-6R Wolverine
- CPLT-C1 Catapult / CPLT-K2 Catapult
- TDR-5S Thunderbolt / TDR-5SE Thunderbolt
- AWS-8Q Awesome / BLR-1G Battlemaster
- Eight double-sided MechWarrior Cards
- 16-page Universe Primer
- 24-page novella Eyestorm
- Two 18″ x 22″ Mapsheets (Double-sided)
- Grassland #2 / Desert #2
- Grassland #3 / Desert #3
- Two six-sided dice
Thunderbolt, Awesome, and BattleMaster plastic miniatures included in BattleTech: A Game of Armored Combat
Catapult and Shadow Hawk plastic miniatures included in BattleTech: A Game of Armored Combat