- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
BattleTechWiki writers and editors contribute a lot of brilliant prose, but occasionally some patent nonsense. This falls into two categories:
- Total nonsense, i.e., text or random characters that have no assignable meaning at all. This includes sequences such as "fdasnugf22445654ghjamesbayoigfddsnrafdf!!@@$fffdhjjrekgkfdk", in which keys of the keyboard have been pressed with no regard for what is typed.
- Content that, while apparently meaningful after a fashion, is so completely and irredeemably confused that no reasonable person can be expected to make any sense of it whatsoever.
Dealing with patent nonsense
There are various ways to deal with total nonsense—use your good judgment to decide which is most appropriate:
- Replace it with improved prose.
- Move it to the article's talk page.
- Move it to the user's talk page.
- Remove it from the article if there is anything left in the article after that.
However, if anybody objects, because they believe that the content is not total nonsense, then it is best to discuss the issue with them and to try to reach a consensus. In particular, if someone says that they think they can rework the "nonsense" into something worthwhile, then please give them some time and space to do so.
If an article contains nothing but patent nonsense, use your good judgment to decide whether to: