Welcome to Project Orphanage.
The MediaWiki software on which Sarna operates automatically generates a daily report (Special:LonelyPages) listing all the pages that have no other pages linking to them, i.e. "orphans". (The report's cache is limited to the first thousand entries.) In an ideal Wiki, every page will have a "home" somewhere, and you should be able to find any article—eventually—by starting at the home page and following the links.
- The goal of Project Orphanage is to find "homes" for as many "orphans" as realistically possible.
- 1 How to Join
- 2 What to Do
- 3 Intersections with Other Projects
- 4 Miscellaneous
- 5 Not Up For Adoption
How to Join
Just add your UserPage and what sorts of things you want to focus on here!
- Talvin: Keeping the cache down to a manageable level so it doesn't overflow again, project leader.
- BobTheZombie: "Theirs not to reason why, / Theirs but to do and die." (Wherever I'm needed!)
- ManganMan: I know how to add a missing "2" to existing "2" to get the "4", yet within knowledge I have.
- theguillotine: Looking to do any work necessary, just point me in a direction and I'll have it done as fast as I can
What to Do
Adopt an Orphan! Even just one page that is "homed", or added as a link to another page, is a big help. Try to avoid "bubbles", little sections of the Wiki that just link to each other. How can someone clicking around through the Wiki find that page? Categories aren't always the best way.
If you have a particular area of interest, check out the related Official Projects below!
If you have have any issues, questions, concerns, etc., to discuss, please ask on this project's Talk page (also found on the Discussion tab above this page) or on in the "Wiki" category of channels on Sarna's Discord server (also accessible on the sidebar to the left).
Intersections with Other Projects
Almost every Official Project is represented among the "Orphans", and when dealing with those areas, the work of those projects should be respected. To make it easier to find orphans of interest, they are arranged by related Project below.
- See Also: Project: Characters
Due to the evolving nature of the BattleTech Universe, there are no minor characters. A character that got one line in a sourcebook may be picked up by an author and turned into the protagonist or antagonist of a short story or novel later on. That said, there are a lot of orphan articles about characters that got just one-line mentions. Many of these have been put in "roster" pages to keep them out of the Orphaned Pages.
We also have a page for Noble Houses, their members, and affiliated titles. User:Dmon has a personal project related to this as well.
Project GameRules, Project Infantry Weapons, and Project Technology
All of the orphans related to those projects are kept in one place:
As of 20 February 2022: Keep in mind that the GameRules Project is likely to be making significant changes to some of these pages soon.
Project Military Commands
- See Also: Project: Military Commands
General Staff Officers
These need to be attached to their relevant commands. Some of those pages need to be either created or possibly split up into multiple articles.
- Cameron Fenlon
- Charles Shelton
- Delbert Yates
- Felix Thornton
- James Collins
- Matthew Davion (32nd c.)
- Melaine Davion
- Michelle Edwards
- Oliver Romera
- Pedro Davidson
- Ralph Stanley
- Reinhart Vossler
- Sasha Gorge
- Shawn Cox
- Sheila McGuire
- Sidney Zweibel
- Tanya Sanromea-Davion
- Timons Davion
- Winston Holt
- Almida Zec
- Angela Kouranth
- Chris Kidd
- Galina Yodkovsaya
- Gustav Ramier
- Iris DuBois
- Kassie Bradford
- Klaus Essen
- Martha Steiner
- Michael Hastings
- Michiko Tomasov
- Narhwaz Pavletic
- Nathan Steiner-Armstrong
- Stefan Holstein
- Ytzak Arran
Project Planets and Project Systems
These don't really fit neatly under any of the projects above.
There is published BattleTech fiction that is not linked from elsewhere in the Wiki.
A number of these have been homed. The ones that remain will likely require someone with access to the sources to sort things out, due to limited and/or conflicting data available.
- Battle of New Aragon (3134)
- Battle of Pajarito (3095)
- Battle of Redfield (3013)
- Battle of Regulus (3147)
- Battle of Thestria (3139)
- Battle of Trolloc Prime (2785)
- Battle of Tsamma (3003)
- Battle of Tsanna (2997)
- Battle of Van Diemen (2903)
- Battle of Wapakoneta (3139)
- Battle of Wei (3001)
- Battle of Wing (2994)
- Battle of Wyatt (2992)
- Battle of Xieng Khouang (2970)
- Wolf's Dragoons battles This is *effectively* an orphan, it only is linked from User Talk pages. There seems to be a strong consensus that it should be mined for data to put on other pages and then deleted.
Video Game Elements
All of these are connected to one of the video games, and thus Apocryphal:
Not Up For Adoption
Anything here is either being handled by someone else, or is otherwise to be left alone (like unreleased products, moratorium, etc.)
- A Question of Survival
- BattleTech: COMMAND
- BattleTech Universe (Sourcebook)
- Brush Wars: Burrock Absorption
- Counters Pack: BattleForce
- The Damocles Sanction
- Dominions Divided
- Force Manual: Davion
- MechCommander’s Handbook
- MechWarrior 5: Call to Arms Expansion Pack
- Shrapnel Issue 9
- Shrapnel Issue 10
- Spotlight On: Payne’s Raiders
Someone Specific Handling
Senior Editor Cache is overseeing these.
- Battle of Luthien Gallery
- Battle of Tukayyid Gallery
- Battle of Twycross Gallery
- Camo Specs Gallery
- CCAF - Uniforms
- DCMS - Uniforms
- Day of Heroes Gallery
- Gallery - Fourth Succession War Maps
- Operation Flashpoint Gallery
- The Falcon and the Wolf Gallery
- Uniforms of the FWLM
Tagged for Deletion or Merging
No point in finding them a home. They are parked here to keep them out of the Orphans. If it turns red, just remove it.