BattleTech Beginner Box
- This article is about one specific product. For the series of game boxes that served as the core BattleTech product, and its iterations over time, see BattleTech boxed set.
|BattleTech: Beginner Box|
|Type||Core Game Set|
|Publisher||Catalyst Game Labs|
|First published||23 January 2019|
|Era||Succession Wars era|
|Preceded by||BattleTech Introductory Box Set|
|Followed by||BattleTech: A Game of Armored Combat|
The BattleTech: Beginner Box is a physical game box containing necessary pieces, papers and material to serve as a low cost introduction to the tabletop version of BattleTech. The boxed set is paired with the full price BattleTech: A Game of Armored Combat boxed set.
From the back cover
|“||"Deployment in three... two... one...
The commline abuzz with pre-battle orders.
The pounding rhythm of a metal titan on the prowl.
The shifting glow of your BattleMech's controls spread before you.
Then the abrupt tone-lock of incoming fire wails in your cockpit as missiles, autocannon shells and lasers fall like Thor's hammer against your armor. Seize your 'Mech's controls, draw its weapons into line, and unleash a hellish response!
BattleTech is the world's greatest armored combat game, filled with a myriad of epic stories and gaming experiences to satiate any player; miniatures to RPG play, hobby painting to fiction, and beyond. The BattleTech Beginner Box is the first step on that fantastic journey and includes everything you need to get started; two high-quality miniatures, quick-start rules, a mapsheet, cards to represent your MechWarrior's unique skills, dice and more.
Do you have what it takes to plant the banner of victory and be a legend? Leap into the action and find out!"
- 2 high-quality, fully assembled (unpainted) miniatures
- 18″ x 22″ full-color game map (double-sided: Desert #1 and Grasslands #1)
- Die-cut 'Mech & terrain tokens
- Quick-start Rules
- Universe booklet
- 24-page fiction novella Golden Rule
- Record Sheets
- Four double-sided MechWarrior pilot Cards
- Six-sided dice (two)