Bearhunter Superheavy Autocannon (battle armor)
- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Read more →
|Bearhunter Superheavy Autocannon|
|Year Availability||3062 (CHH)|
|Mass Per Reload||1.5kg|
|Bursts Per Reload||20|
|Ammo BV (2.0)||0|
The Bearhunter Superheavy Autocannon is a version of the self-same infantry support weapon, developed by Clan Ghost Bear, which has been adapted for use on battle armor. Originally the Bearhunter had been developed by Clan Hell's Horses, one of the few Clans which maintained large frontline infantry forces, to improve their conventional assets' firepower. The weapon was introduced on the eve of the Hell's Horses disastrous intervention in the Combine-Ghost Bear War, where the Ghost Bear Clan turned on their new attackers and captured all of the Hell's Horses' Inner Sphere holdings, along with several examples of the Bearhunter. The weapon was adapted for use on battle armor and debuted with their latest creation the Golem.
Trivia and Related Weapons
- TechManual, p. 348, "Clan Battle Armor Equipment Table"
- TechManual, p. 318, "Clan Weapons And Equipment BV Table"
- Combat Equipment, pp. 14-15, "Bearhunter Superheavy Autocannon"
- TechManual, p. 258, "Machine Gun"