Beauvais nearby systems
|X:Y Coordinates||-500.213 : 204.073[e]|
The Beauvais system was the location of at least one habitable world and as of 2767 was located in the Timbuktu Province of the Rim Worlds Republic.
The Beauvais system is located close to the Bougie and Cilvituk systems.
The Beauvais system was colonized during the Star League era at some point after the end of the Reunification War. Beauvais vanished from maps during the Succession Wars, indicating that the system had been abandoned, depopulated, or rendered too insignificant for Inner Sphere nations to continue recording its location.
- 2571 - No record
- 2750 - Rim Worlds Republic
- 2764 - Rim Worlds Republic
- 2765 - Rim Worlds Republic
- 2767 - Rim Worlds Republic
- 2768 - Rim Worlds Republic
- 3050 - No record
- 3057 - No record
- 3075 - No record
- 3081 - No record
- 3085 - No record
- 3135 - No record
- 3145 - No record
Star League Era
Following the coup launched by Stefan Amaris, Commanding General Aleksandr Kerensky, the Commanding Officer of the Star League Defense Force, announced that he intended to occupy the Rim Worlds Republic. General Kerensky established the Fourteenth Army Group as the lead Army Group for the invasion, divided the invasion forces into two task forces, one headed by himself, and the other by General Aaron DeChavilier. Like the rest of the Republic worlds, Beauvais was invaded by the SLDF, with forces from General DeChavilier's task force assigned to capture the world. Located on Beauvais was one of twenty forts constructed by the SLDF prior to the Army Group Amaris being ordered to withdraw from the Republic in 2755. Fort Salisbury was located under Mount Beatrice, and had been well designed and situated by the SLDF engineers. The construction of Fort Salisbury allowed the various hidden weapon emplacements that formed part of the defenses had interlocking fields of fire, but were almost impossible to attack other than through close assault. The Rim Worlds Army troops on the planet, elements of the Seventeenth Amaris Dragoons, used the fortress as a defensive strongpoint in their efforts to resist the invading SLDF troops.
In September 2768 the SLDF made two direct attempts to breach Fort Salisbury - the first time via a BattleMech assault, the second time with a second BattleMech assault with artillery and air support; the first was rebuffed easily, and the second assault fared little better. Special forces teams attempted to destroy the hidden weapon emplacements, and while they did manage to destroy some, enough remained that forcing a breach would have resulted in massive losses. General DeChavilier eventually pulled his troops back from the fortress, and ordered a nuclear weapon to be used against it; the nuke, deployed via an aerospace fighter strike, shattered the west face of the mountain and the weapon emplacements there. Unfortunately, the attack didn't manage to break the main door, which had been shielded from the direct impact of the nuclear strike. While DeChavilier contemplated additional nuclear strikes, General Kerensky had been clear that the Rim Worlds Republic was still a Territorial State of the Star League, albeit a rebellious one, and had given strict instructions to limit damage to the worlds of the Republic. As a consequence, DeChavilier opted to instead reduce Fort Salisbury - and the mountain it was contained in - using orbital bombardment. For two days a number of SLDF WarShips bombarded the site, shattering the mountain and Fort Salisbury.
- Fort Salisbury: a fortress constructed by the Star League Defense Force within Mount Beatrice, which was destroyed in 2768.
|Closest 24 systems (24 within 60 light-years)|
Distance in light years, closest systems first:
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 104: "Rim Worlds Republic "
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Era Report: 3145, p. 38: "Inner Sphere Map - "
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Field Manual: 3145, p. VI: "Inner Sphere - 3145"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 18: "Rim Worlds Republic after Age of War "
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 25: "Rim Worlds Republic At the Fall of the Star League "
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Era Report: 3052, p. 11: "Inner Sphere Map "
- ↑ Field Manual: SLDF, Map: Inner Sphere 2764
- ↑ Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 10: "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 9.3 9.4 Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 107: "High and Low"
- ↑ Era Report: 3062, p. 11: "Inner Sphere Map "
- ↑ Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 65: "Inner Sphere  Map"
- ↑ Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63: "Inner Sphere Map - [March 3081]"
- ↑ Field Manual: 3085, p. 127: "Inner Sphere Map - [October 3085]"
- ↑ Era Report: 3145, p. 11: "Inner Sphere Map - "
- ↑ Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 105: "The Gathering Storm"