Behemoth (Combat Vehicle)
- This article is about the heavy tank. For other uses, see Behemoth.
|Behemoth Heavy Tank|
|Armor||ArcShield Max II|
|Engine||GM I.C.E. R200|
|Communications System||Olmstead 30|
|Targeting Tracking System||Cirxese Ballista-Check with Cirxese RockeCheck|
Introduced in 2952, the Behemoth was designed for increased firepower and heavy armor rather than speed or maneuverability. The design allowed the Behemoth to engage both distant and short-range targets, while allowing it to stand up to almost any type of unit possible.
Weapons and Equipment
The two turret-mounted SarLon MaxiCannon AC-10s enable the Behemoth to deal out a great deal of damage at a long distance. The four front-mounted LongFire Light Missile Racks increase this damage potential, particularly in the forward arc of fire. For closer targets, two Harvester 20K SRM-6 packs are mounted on the turret and the Behemoth boasts two ball turrets, each mounting one Harvester 2K SRM-2 and two MainFire MiniGuns. The final two Harvester 2K SRM-2 packs are mounted in a half-turret on the front of tank.
- This variant was built by GM in the 3080s for sale to the Federated Suns and was itself based on the older fusion powered upgrade. Total armor protection is only slightly increased, though the use of Heavy Ferro-Fibrous armor allows weight savings of over 2 tons. While visually very similar to the original, almost the entirety of the weapons loadout is replaced, with only the SRM-2s remaining. The ACs have been replaced with a pair of Gauss Rifles. The turret mounted SRM-6s have both been upgraded to Streak launchers with the same tube count. The two forward hull mounted machine guns have been replaced with a pair of ER Medium Lasers. The sides of the tank each still carry the SRM-2 and a Magshot replaces the original Machine Guns. Both of these weapons are now carried in a sponson allowing excellent firing arcs and allows for at least one Magshot to fire at infantry coming from any direction. Finally the quartet of LRM-5s have been replaced with a pair of Rocket launcher 10s. CASE protects the crew. BV (2.0) = 1,662
- Developed in 3062 during the FedCom Civil War and produced by New Samarkand Metals, this version of the Behemoth removes all the standard weaponry. It carries a pair of Ultra AC/10s, a pair of MRM-10 launchers, and a pair of Artemis IV FCS enhanced SRM-6 launchers in the turret. To provide some additional long range firepower, it mounts a pair of LRM-5 launchers with Artemis guidance systems on the front of its hull. BV (2.0) = 1,336
- Kurita Upgrade
- A further evolution of the 3062 variant, only the Ultra AC/10s remain. A pair of ER Medium Lasers are mounted on the front of the hull. These and the Autocannons benefit from the inclusion of a Targeting Computer. All of the missile weaponry is dropped and replaced with three Clan-tech Streak SRM-6s. Perhaps most notably, the tank is reskinned in Ballistic-Reinforced Armor and CASE. BV (2.0) = 1,789
- This variant of the Behemoth came about due to lack of parts to produce the newer Behemoth II Heavy Tank. Aldis Industries took traditional Behemoth hulls and mated the to Behemoth II turret assemblies and revised the weapons compliment. The Behemoth II’s single Gauss Rifle remains in place as do the quartet of Rocket Launcher 10s in the turret. The Thunderbolt launchers have been replaced with a pair of MML-5s in the turret. Four additional MML-5s replace the original Behemoth’s LRM-5s in the front hull and sit below the remaining pair of Machine Guns. Both sides of the tank also feature a single MML-5 in a sponson. In total, this Behemoth has 40 Multi-Missile tubes it can fire forward and can even fire 15 to each side arc. This variant still uses the original variant’s internal combustion engine and armor, though CASE now protects the crew. Unlike the Behemoth II, this Behemoth is even more deadly up close then it is at range. BV (2.0) = 1,271
- MUL online date for the Behemoth (Combat Vehicle)
- Combat Operations, p. 120
- Technical Readout: 3039, pp. 96–97: "Behemoth Vehicle Profile"
- Technical Readout: 3026, pp. 80–81: "Behemoth Vehicle Profile"
- Technical Readout: 3026 Revised, pp. 83–84: "Behemoth Vehicle Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3039 Unabridged, p. 154
- Recognition Guide: ilClan, vol. 31, p. 8
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 188