Behemoth (Combat Vehicle)
- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Has Arrived - Here's What You Can Expect
- The 'Mech That Looks Most Like A Turkey
- Community Outreach - How Michael Todd Met Robert N. Charrette
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- Read more →
|Behemoth Heavy Tank|
|Armor||ArcShield Max II|
|Engine||GM I.C.E. R200|
|Communications System||Olmstead 30|
|Targeting Tracking System||Cirxese Ballista-Check with Cirxese RockeCheck|
Introduced in 2952, the Behemoth was designed for increased firepower and heavy armor rather than speed or maneuverability. The design allowed the Behemoth to engage both distant and short-range targets, while allowing it to stand up to almost any type of unit possible.
Weapons and Equipment
The two turret-mounted SarLon MaxiCannon AC-10s enable the Behemoth to deal out a great deal of damage at a long distance. The four front-mounted LongFire Light Missile Racks increase this damage potential, particularly in the forward arc of fire. For closer targets, two Harvester 20K SRM-6 packs are mounted on the turret and the Behemoth boasts two ball turrets, each mounting one Harvester 2K SRM-2 and two MainFire MiniGuns. The final two Harvester 2K SRM-2 packs are mounted in a half-turret on the front of tank.
- Developed in 3062 during the FedCom Civil War and produced by New Samarkand Metals, this version of the Behemoth removes all the standard weaponry. It carries a pair of Ultra AC/10s, a pair of MRM-10 launchers, and a pair of Artemis IV FCS enhanced SRM-6 launchers in the turret. To provide some additional long range firepower, it mounts a pair of LRM-5 launchers with Artemis guidance systems on the front of its hull. BV (2.0) = 1,336
- MUL online date for the Behemoth (Combat Vehicle)
- Combat Operations, p. 120
- Technical Readout: 3039, pp. 96-97, "Behemoth Vehicle Profile"
- Technical Readout: 3026, pp. 80-81, "Behemoth Vehicle Profile"
- Technical Readout: 3026 Revised, pp. 83-84, "Behemoth Vehicle Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3039 Unabridged, p. 154
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 188