- June News Roundup 2020 - Supplemental
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June 2020
- Did You Know? Other Games Come And Go, But MechWarrior: Living Legends Is Here To Stay
- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Ironhold Alpha Complex, Olivetti Weapons|
|Mech type||Clan OmniMech|
|Chassis||JF 5 Light Endo Steel|
|Armor||Compound JF Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||385 JF Extralight|
|Communications System||JF Integrated|
|Targeting Tracking System||Series JFVII Integrated|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double heat sinks|
|Speed||119 km/h (151 km/h with MASC)|
Its development triggered from the lessons learned from the Jade Falcon touman's performance during the Placement Trials for Operation REVIVAL, delays with the initial models meant the Black Lanner only arrived in the Inner Sphere with the returning Falcon Khans following the selection of ilKhan Ulric Kerensky, first seeing action during the Battle of Tukayyid as fire-support units in light reconnaissance Stars. Since its initial deployment, the Black Lanner remained primarily a Jade Falcon design, with Clan Ice Hellion and Steel Viper also using a sizable number acquired due to numerous battles and trials between rival Clans since Tukayyid. 
While used for independent operations, the Black Lanner is most frequently seen in conjunction with lighter designs. Mixed Stars of Black Lanners, Fire Falcons and Fire Moths are common, with the lighter 'Mechs acting as spotters and harassers for the heavier 'Mechs, flushing out the opposing units for the Black Lanner to move in for the kill. This synergistic relationship is similar to that shared between the smaller indigenous Fire Falcon and the introduced black lanners on Ironhold, both birds benefiting from the presence of the other.
Originally built on the Jade Falcon homeworld of Ironhold, production would also eventually begin in the Inner Sphere to mitigate the distance to the Clan Homeworlds. By the dawn of the Wars of Reaving, production of the Black Lanner would cease in Clan Space by 3068 as tensions between the Falcons and the Homeworld Clans increased.
Weapons and Equipment
Intended as a front-line 'Mech, the Black Lanner makes use of all weight-saving technology available to the Clan Jade Falcon scientists who designed it, including an XL Engine, Endo Steel, and eight tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor. The Black Lanner also includes a MASC system on the base chassis that enables it to run up to 151 km/h in bursts, allowing it to outrun many 'Mechs half its size. The design sacrifices pod space for that speed however, with an engine almost half the Black Lanner's weight leaving a mere thirteen tons for offensive weaponry.
The primary configuration of the Black Lanner is effective at all ranges. At long range, it can make use of an ER Large Laser and LRM-10. When it closes in, it can attack with a pair of ER Medium Lasers and an SRM-6 that can exploit holes in its opponent's armor. An ECM Suite protects it from many forms of electronics.
- Alt. Config. A
- The Black Lanner A is configured for electronic warfare and scouting. It uses an Active Probe to find hidden units, an ECM Suite to counteract enemy electronics, and a TAG spotting laser to designate targets for homing artillery. Offensively, it can call upon an ER PPC and a pair of Medium Pulse Lasers. BV (1.0) = 1,801, BV (2.0) = 2,308
- Alt. Config. D
- This close-range brawler mounts pairs of Medium Pulse Lasers, SRM-6s, ER Small Lasers, Flamers, and four Machine Guns. This configuration is devastating to conventional infantry and a serious threat to combat vehicles. An Active Probe ensures that it is rarely surprised. BV (1.0) = 1,390, BV (2.0) = 1,809
From MechWarrior Online:
- BLK-BL Bellonarius
- The Black Lanner Hero 'Mech, the Bellonarius carries a Streak SRM-4 in each side torso, supported by three machine guns in each arm, a Heavy Medium Laser in the left torso and a Heavy Small Laser in the head. Two ton streak ammunition and four tons machine gun reloads give the Bellonarius reasonable field endurance.
In German products the unit's proper name was perfectly translated to Feldeggsfalke.
MechWarrior Online art of the Black Lanner
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, pp. 176-177, "Black Lanner"
- MUL online date for the Black Lanner
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 232
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 151
- The Wars of Reaving Supplemental, p. 17 "Discarded Tools of War"
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 233
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 152
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 234
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 153
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 235
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 154
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 236
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 155
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 237
- Record Sheets: Upgrades, p. 92
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 156
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 238
- Record Sheets: Upgrades, p. 93
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 157
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 158
- MechWarrior Online "Black Lanner Sale Page"
- BattleMech Manual, p. 90 Design Quirk Table -Black Lanner Entry.