- This article is about the Clan-tech version of the Beowulf BattleMech. For other uses, see Beowulf.
|'Mech type||Clan BattleMech|
|Armor||Compound A2F Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||Fusion 270 XL|
|Communications System||Dash-2 with Watchdog CEWS|
|Targeting Tracking System||Blade 12 with light TAG|
|Heat Sinks||12 double heat sinks|
|Speed||97 km/h (129 km/h with MASC)|
|Jump Jets||Odin Type II|
One of the many smaller manufacturers to emerge in the wake of the Clan Invasion, Odin Manufacturing's prospects soared with the Word of Blake Jihad and the Clan Ghost Bear takeover of the Free Rasalhague Republic. Flush from the success of the Karhu OmniMech and eager to make the 15-year-old Beowulf more profitable, Odin set about developing IIC style remake under its own initiative. Though the Ghost Bear touman's post-Jihad need for a fast medium Clan BattleMech to supplement the slower Ursus led them to buy the overly expensive Beowulf IIC, the fact the Dominion needed a fast medium OmniMech even more and that Odin was clearly engaging in blatant profiteering increasingly soured the integration of Rasalhagian and Ghost Bear arms manufacturing.
Weapons and Equipment
Having dealt with years of incompatible systems with Clan-tech refits of the standard Beowulf, Odin built the Beowulf IIC from scratch in the hopes of avoiding them, only to use the same electronic systems which results in frequent glitches in combat. The main benefits of the switch to Clan-grade components was increased survivability for its 270-rated XL engine and the saving of half a ton through the use of Clan ferro-fibrous armor. Aside from that, the Beowulf IIC offers identical ground speed, bolstered by MASC, and jump distance as the ComStar BEO-12 model. The most notable and hotly contested change was the replacement of the Beagle active probe and TAG with a Watchdog CEWS and light TAG; while technically offering the same abilities with the added bonus of an ECM suite for less weight, the significantly reduced range forces the Beowulf IIC to put itself at much greater risk to fulfill its intended role.
Similar to the ComStar original, the Beowulf IIC carries a right-arm mounted Series PPS-XX ER large pulse laser supported by a pair of left-arm mounted Series PPS-XIX ER medium pulse lasers. While doing more damage than the less advanced Inner Sphere weapons, the range brackets of the ComStar and Dominion models are almost identical, leading to further questions as to the value of the newer and more expensive design. 
- Beowulf IIC-PR
- This design was the result of experimenting with integrating improved C3 computers into Clan designs. The base chassis, armor, and ground performance remain the same as the parent design, but the ER large pulse laser and light TAG were replaced with a standard ER large laser and C3i computer. This design was used by troops from the First Drakøns on Labrea in 3099. The C3i technology was eventually removed from the factory by The Republic of the Sphere inspectors after exerting political pressure to stop using the equipment. BV (2.0) = 1,992
- MUL online date for the Beowulf IIC
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 145: Beowulf IIC - BV2 listed
- Master Unit List Profile of Beowulf IIC - Intro Year & BV2
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 144: "Beowulf IIC"
- Experimental Technical Readout: Republic, Volume 1, p. 5