|Primary Products||battle armor|
The Bergan Industries facilities on New Earth was an advanced manufacturing facility, producing such equipment as the Royal variant of the venerable Locust BattleMech for the Star League Defense Force. In early July 2788 ex-SLDF forces loyal to Jerome Blake and ComStar raided New Earth as a part of Operation SILVER SHIELD, to secure valuable data and equipment from the former SLDF headquarters on the planet, and as a precursor to expanding SILVER SHIELD into the annexation of the remaining Hegemony systems that hadn't yet been swallowed up by the Great Houses. Although the eruption of the First Succession War forced Blake to abandon his plans, the local militia had welcomed the ComStar forces and helped them strip the SLDF facilities on New Earth of advanced equipment. Among the complexes stripped of advanced technology was the Bergan Industries plant, ending production of the Royal Locust.
The Ares facility in the Capellan Confederation was a rather mundane light 'Mech factory, until it was selected as the test-site for refining the stable Triple Strength Myomer during its reconstruction after the Fourth Succession War. They were the first company in the Capellan Confederation to begin production of the stable version of this myomer. Once a major player in military production throughout the Inner Sphere, the Succession Wars were cruel to Bergan Industries. By the end of the Succession Wars Bergan's plant on Ares was unable to produce anything larger than the smallest scout 'Mechs.
Bergan's Corporate Executives have high hopes that their recently acquired license to produce Earthwerks' STG-6L Stinger may help turn their company around. No longer needing to produce jump jets for their own products, the entirety of Bergan Industries' output of Chilton 360s are sold to Shengli Arms for use on their Duan Gung.
The Alshain factory suffered a much different fate when it was captured by Clan Ghost Bear during the Clan Invasion. While the Draconis Combine were mostly successful in their attempt to destroy the plant before being pushed off-world, the Bears quickly rebuilt and restored the Locust line to production. Pathetic by Clan standards, as the Bears stepped up their efforts to integrate and move wholesale into the Inner Sphere the site was selected for the production of new second-line designs combining Clan and Inner Sphere technology to reduce strain on lengthy Clan Homeworld supply trains.
Bringing with them more advanced facilities during the creation of the Ghost Bear Dominion, the Alshain plant benefited greatly when Alshain was named the new capital world of the Dominion. Prior to that act, the Clan-held Bergan Industries branches were unable to remain competitive as their main suppliers were now in enemy territory. After Alshain became the capital world of the Dominion, the Merchant Caste invested heavily in the facility. The new production modules the Clans provided allowed the Alshain branch to produce the Gladiator OmniMech and Golem assault armor, as well as the second line 'Mechs they had been producing. By 3068, the Alshain facility was producing 28% of the Dominion's BattleMechs.
The campaign to liberate New Earth during Operation SCOUR was particularly destructive, both in the ground battles and as a result of orbital bombardments. The defending Word of Blake forces ensured that little industry remained after their defeat, making it extremely likely that the Bergan Industries facility on New Earth was destroyed.
Bergan Industries became a huge part of the Ghost Bear's industrial base. They invested heavily in the company, and this investment allowed Bergan to expand into some other realms.
The companies CEO in 3067 is Nestor Bergan. He had secured additional funding to expand the plant, but was seeking a design partner for new equipment.
Bergan Industries has manufacturing centers on the following planets:
Note: Since the start of the Jihad, the facility on Ares, suffers a capital and personnel loss of 28%, and the operating capacity of the factory is reduced to 82% of their main production volume in 3079.
|Components produced on Ares:|
|LCT-1E Locust||[[BattleMech#Light|Light BattleMech (from 2811)|
|LCT-1L Locust||Light BattleMech|
|LCT-1V Locust||Light BattleMech|
|STG-3R Stinger||Light BattleMech|
|DOL-1A1 Dola||Light BattleMech|
|Earthwerk STG II Endo Steel||Stinger|
|LTV 120||Stinger |
|Triple Strength Myomer|
|Ares-Bergan TSM|||
|Armor (BattleMechs & Combat Vehicles)|
|Components produced on New Earth:|
|LCT-1Vb Locust||Light BattleMech (until July 2788)|
|CHP-1N Champion||Heavy BattleMech|
|CPN-1X1 Champion LAM||Land Air 'Mech|
|Wayland Mobile Base||Tracked Support Vehicle (From 2541 to 2715)|
|LTV Industrial Fusion||Wayland Mobile Base|
|Bergan Commercial Plate||Wayland Mobile Base|
|Garrett T-11 C||Champion|
|Garret Type 3||Wayland Mobile Base|
|Mercury-IV with Artemis IV FCS||Champion|
|OP/911||Wayland Mobile Base|
This plant was purchased from Gorton, Kingsley, and Thorpe Enterprises after the Ronin War.
|Components produced on New Oslo:|
|Locust IIC 5||Light BattleMech|
|S2 Endo Steel||Locust IIC|
|200 Standard||Locus IIC|
|Armor (BattleMechs & Combat Vehicles)|
|Compound Alpha ferro-fibrous||Locust IIC|
|ER Medium Laser|
|Series 7Ja||Locust IIC|
|Type 3||Locust IIC|
Note: During the Jihad, this plant lost half of its assigned personnel and was operating at a quarter (25%) of its maximum output in 3079. This plant focused on producing various unnamed "military components".
- First Succession War, p. 154: "LCT-1E Locust"
- First Succession War, pp. 51–52: "Aftermath"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 72
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, p. 109: "Gorton, Kingsley, and Thorpe Enterprises profile"
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, p. 108
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 107: "Blake/Terran Protectorate"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 133: "Bergan Industries Company Profile"
- Objectives: The Clans, p. 32
- Technical Readout: 3060, p. 160: "Produced Ursus Components"
- Technical Readout: 3067, p. 122: "Produced Ursus Components"
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 127: "Produced Golem Components"
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 133: "Produced Bear Cub Components"
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 144: "Produced Ryoken II Components"
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, p. 194: "Produced Kodiak Components"
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, p. 130: "Produced Mad Dog Variant"
- Objectives: The Clans, p. 33: "Bergan Industries"
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 146: "Produced Ursus 3 variant Components"
- Experimental Technical Readout: Clans, p. 4
- Technical Readout: 3085, pp. 154–155: "Ursus II noted in production on Alshain's Bergan Industries"
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 172: Bruin production location and year
- Objectives: Capellan Confederation, p. 3: "State of the Industry Table"
- Objective Raids, p. 140: "Produced Bergan Industries Components"
- Technical Readout: 3039, p. 281: "Produced Locust 1V Components"
- Objectives: Capellan Confederation, p. 6
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, p. 202: "Produced Champion Components"
- Experimental Technical Readout: Boondoggles, p. 6: "CPN-1X1 Champion LAM"
- Historical: Reunification War, pp. 215–216: Wayland Mobile Base - Repair Vehicle info.
- Objectives: The Clans, p. 39
- Experimental Technical Readout: Boondoggles
- Experimental Technical Readout: Clans
- First Succession War (sourcebook)
- Handbook: House Liao
- Historical: Reunification War
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers
- Objective Raids
- Objectives: Capellan Confederation
- Objectives: The Clans
- Technical Readout: 3039
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade
- Technical Readout: 3060
- Technical Readout: 3067
- Technical Readout: 3075
- Technical Readout: 3085
- Technical Readout: Prototypes