- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Has Arrived - Here's What You Can Expect
- The 'Mech That Looks Most Like A Turkey
- Community Outreach - How Michael Todd Met Robert N. Charrette
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- Read more →
|Coordinator of the Draconis Combine|
|Parents||Leonard Kurita (father)|
|Siblings||Urizen Kurita (disputed)|
Blaine inherited the throne of the Combine unexpectedly upon the death of his father. Although only twenty, he was already in the final stages of cardiac myasthenia gravis and died only seven months later.
It is unclear if Blaine was close to his father. He is described as a beautiful child and lauded for his gentle company, neither of which stood out as virtues in a ruler, but would certainly have conflicted with the debauchery of Leonard. It may be presumed that his great-grandmother Siriwan McAllister-Kurita was among the young Coordinator's advisors during his short reign.
Blaine's younger brother, Urizen Kurita, would later become Coordinator. While Blaine had the shortest reign of any Coordinator, Urizen's was the second-longest. Given the excesses of Leonard Kurita it is likely that there were illegitimate half-siblings.
Titles and Positions
|Coordinator of the Draconis Combine
| Succeeded by|
In Handbook: House Kurita, the Nineteenth Coordinator Urizen II is said to be the eldest son of Sanethia Kurita, while in the House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), he is the son of Leonard Kurita.
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), "The Draconis Combine's Line of Succession and Partial Kurita Family Tree"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 33
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 36 "URIZEN KURITA II"