- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- MechWarrior 5 Is On Steam & Catalyst Is Having A Sourcebook Sale
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For February, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For January, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Art Of BattleTech, Renegade HPG, And The Remastered BattleTech Cartoon
- Read more →
|Parents||Leonard Kurita (father)|
|Siblings||Urizen Kurita (disputed)|
Blaine inherited the throne of the Combine unexpectedly upon the death of his father. Although only twenty, he was already in the final stages of cardiac myasthenia gravis and died only seven months later.
It is unclear if Blaine was close to his father. He is described as a beautiful child and lauded for his gentle company, neither of which stood out as virtues in a ruler, but would certainly have conflicted with the debauchery of Leonard. It may be presumed that his great-grandmother Siriwan McAllister-Kurita was among the young Coordinator's advisors during his short reign.
Blaine's younger brother, Urizen Kurita, would later become Coordinator. While Blaine had the shortest reign of any Coordinator, Urizen's was the second-longest. Given the excesses of Leonard Kurita it is likely that there were illegitimate half-siblings.
Titles and Positions
|Coordinator of the Draconis Combine
| Succeeded by|
In Handbook: House Kurita, the Nineteenth Coordinator Urizen II is said to be the eldest son of Sanethia Kurita, while in the House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), he is the son of Leonard Kurita.
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), "The Draconis Combine's Line of Succession and Partial Kurita Family Tree"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 33
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 36 "URIZEN KURITA II"