Blankenburg Technologies is one subsidiary of Independence Weaponry. During Independence Weaponry's revamp of the old Blankenburg facility on Soul, they discovered that 90% of the parts used in the Katana were actually interchangeable with those of the BattleMaster. Not one to waste such an opportunity, Independence rushed to set up a second manufacturing line on Soul to produce the popular and venerable command 'Mech. When Blankenburg took back control of the facility in 3064, it was a simple matter for them to complete the upgrade and put the BattleMaster into production.
Blankenburg Technologies has manufacturing centers on the following planets:
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 159
- Objectives: Draconis Combine, p. 4, "State of the Industry Table"
- Objectives: Draconis Combine, p. 15
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 158, "Pillar Of Jade (Economics) - Independence Weaponry"
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, p. 94, "Produced Crockett Components"
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, p. 44, "Produced Grim Reaper Components"
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, p. 218, "Crockett Profile"
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex, p. 138, "Cassion Satellite Profile"